Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Blau.de

New BlackBerry No Data

[ Edited ]

HI, I have just become the proud owner of a Blackberry Bold 9900 that I purchased through a mutual friend of a friend. Upon inserting my SIM card, my internet connection seems to be non existent. It states that I am connected to a 3G network but it cannot seem to load pages, enter the app world, or play youtube videos. Calls can be made and received without a problem. Is it possible that the phone is stolen and access to a data network is blocked? 

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Lost or Stolen BlackBerry -- What to do?

radio23 wrote:

HI, I have just become the proud owner of a Blackberry Bold 9900 that I purchased through a mutual friend of a friend. Upon inserting my SIM card, my internet connection seems to be non existent. It states that I am connected to a 3G network but it cannot seem to load pages, enter the app world, or play youtube videos. Calls can be made and received without a problem. Is it possible that the phone is stolen and access to a data network is blocked? 

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan enabled on your account with your carrier or mobile provider?

You must, in order to get the RIM push email functions you are looking for, as well as additional BlackBerry data services such as the internet browser, Facebook for BlackBerry, BlackBerry Messenger, and much more.

So, call your carrier and inquire about having the BlackBerry Data Plan added to your account.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless (FLOW)

Re: New BlackBerry No Data

Where did you get the SIM card? Did you pay for a SIM with data enabled, or did you transfer it from a simple phone? You won't be able to do much with your BlackBerry unless you have a data plan set up with your service provider.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9900
My Carrier: Blau.de

I have contacted me carrier and received a password along with a user name. The SIM card has been used for over a year now and has a data plan on it. It is just the first time I have connected it to a Blackberry. Now my question is, with the information I have received from my service provider, that provided above and a sort of web address, where do I log in with it. I have searched everywhere and the onyl place I have found where this information could be used in the APN section. Although nothing happened after I saved the information in the APN section

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Try Options > Device > Advanced > TCP/IP

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless (FLOW)

Re: a sort of web address - Is it like an ISP email address and password?

Try Set Up > Email Accounts > Internet Mail Account > enter username and password > etc.