Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Globe

New Blackberry ID for a second hand phone?

Hello everyone. I'm planning to sell my Blackberry Bold 9900. However, I'm just wondering if the future buyer of my phone can log in using a new and different account (Blackberry ID)? Does wiping all the data and having it back to the factory settings help?

Thank you!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: New Blackberry ID for a second hand phone?

If you're migrating to another BlackBerry then you need only log in with your BBID on the new BB, and then validate your email accounts and that will remove the mail from the old phone and move it to the new phone.

If you're not migrating to another BB I suggest you use the email setup icon on the device and remove all of your email accounts from the old BlackBerry.

Once you're done with either step above, depending on your situation, then you should do a security wipe on the old BB and it's good to go for the next user. You must do a security wipe in order for someone else to log in with a new BBID.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

Will try this. Thank you very much! Smiley Happy
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Please read this article from the public knowledge base:

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

Hey, thanks! Smiley Happy