Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: MTS

Re: New Blackberry Torch Locking Up

I bought my Torch about 1 week ago, along with a limited supply of protective covers.  It is not Otterbox, but it is a silicone type to fit my Torch.  I can use the front cover but as soon as I put on the back, it freezes up.  I pull the battery, keep the case off and no more freezeups. 

Does anyone know which protective cover works?

My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: att

I love (d) my torch. Since getting it, this "locking up" has been a constant headache. I've called in (yesterday spent 5 hours on the phone with support) I've wiped it, pulled off apps, removed the battery (sometimes as many as 3 times to restart and try to unlock it) everything they've asked. It's been replaced twice and I still have the problem. I have no choice but to start looking at other phones. Smiley Sad
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm also having trouble with my Torch locking up. My symptoms are a little different.

My phone always "locks up" so that whatever app/email/etc i had open works and is fully accessible, but the hardware buttons don't work. I can't back out of the app or take a call or anything. The only solution is pulling the batter. Any thoughts??

BES 5.0.3 MR 6 (Bundle 163)
Local SQL 2008R2
CDO.DLL v 6.5.8211.0