Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: ATT

Re: New Blackberry Torch Locking Up

I just wanted to sign up because this board helped me fix my problem. Like others I was getting a lockup problem where my slideout keyboard wouldn't function and the screen was locking up. I took off the case the phone store sold to me and I haven't had the problem since.

If your phone is locking up on you remove the case and see if it fixes it. It seems the torch has this problem.

The only thing that I'm wondering about is why my case was causing this as it's an Otterbox Case MADE for this phone. I'm going to try reinstalling it on Monday (I left it on my desk at work) and see if it starts doing it again.

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Just to add another new purchaser with the same problem.  Mine locked up twice in two days...seems to always do it when I have an important call or messsage. I updated the o/s a day ago.  The only way I can fix the thing is to pull the battery.  Who knows what data I can lose by doing it but the phone is unreliable. It needs to work because my business life depends on .t

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch

Hi,

like what i posted a few days ago about the case being one of the cases for the lock up. It was the same otter case that the lady from ATT offered (said it was the best selling case for the torch).  Just have it exchanged for another case (i got the leather case with the magnet that puts the phone on sleep), i never experience another lock up after that.

My Device: Not Specified

I just purchased the Torch today and have had problems with it locking up.  took the battery out twice now, but I see you had the OTTORBOX that you think is the issue.  Mine came with a case and I have removed it to see if that is the issue. I love the phone so I hope this is not an ongoing outside.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9800 - Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

I'm having the exact same problem you did.

I'm using the 9700 holster.

Are you using a holster designed for the 9800 now? If so, are there any lockups?

Thanks

I puchased a Splash Cruiser and have the same issue.  Goign to send send case back to get a refund.

New Contributor

Exact same problem using the Otter Box on a new Torch.  Very odd.  Unfortunately I purchased in an airport half away across the country.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

contact Otterbox, they stand behind their stuff

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Contributor

has anyone figured this out?   I have the Torch via AT&T running all latest versions of software. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

slepeak wrote:

has anyone figured this out?   I have the Torch via AT&T running all latest versions of software. 

What version OS are you running?

Are you using a holster?

What apps are you using?

Are your apps all OS 6 comapatible?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V