Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

New Bold 9900 - Blackberry app world icon has vanished from phone????

Weird one this but I've just noticed my Blackberry app world icon has vanished from my phone.  It still appears as an installed application, but there's no way to find it and run it.  I know this was an issue last year with another phone, I am surprised if its still a bug?   I know there has been a recent upgrade to app world and I've backed up my phone.

Any clues?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Bold 9900 - Blackberry app world icon has vanished from phone????

[ Edited ]

In the help section of your phone there is a link to the mobile site to download (or, in your case, re-download) app world. Just type in "app world" in the search bar on your phone and you should see the article.

If re-downloading App World does not work, then I'd suggest connecting your blackberry to a computer and re-downloading it that way. I've found that, typically, when an icon that is not hidden has disappeared it is best to remove the application completely from your phone and then re-install it.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: New Bold 9900 - Blackberry app world icon has vanished from phone????

Thanks for the tip.  I ended up uninstalling the app from my desktop sync software then visiting the blackberry app world on my phone and reinstalling app world.  Seems fine now!