Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

New Contract

hello to all im currently new to the blackberry family and wanted some help if thats ok?, currently i have a contract on blackberry curve 8310 but i am unable to connect to internet..where it should say "GPRS" or "EDGE" it says "GSM", my sim was only actually activated today and i was wondering if i could get any info on why this wouldnt be working? would i need to give more time for it to be activated properly?, i can send/receive some text messages my friend tried sending me a text and she said it just wouldn't send, i can send/receive all calls perfect. All help will be appreciated, Thanks Smiley Happy
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: New Contract

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

Try going to your OPTIONS ICON > ADVANCED OPTIONS> HOST Routing Table > then press your BlackBerry button and press REGISTER NOW.  

See if this helps you.  NExt - Try removing your battery - then replacing it - allSmiley Happywing your phone to reboot.

See if you get the GLOBE after that.... 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Follow NurseBerry08 on Twitter
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: New Contract

Thank you.
W Gordon