Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Vodacom

New Curve 9360 wont go past boot screen - constant loop

Hi

My phone was on charge last night and I woke up this morning to find that it had frozen. I duely tried turning it off but no luck so I removed the battery. I put the battery back in and now the phone wont stop looping the startup sequence.

Once the white line completes, the screen goes black, the red led light goes on for a couple of seconds, the button pad lights up and hey presto, i get the startup all over again. It will not go any further than that. Can I mention that this phone is 3 weeks old, has a battery life shorter than the memory span of my goldfish and it is permanently warm. Did I get a dud phone?

I would appreciate help as I love Blackberry but with this **bleep**, I would rather go and ask for my money back and buy something else.

If anyone has had this before, please post a solution if possible?

Thanks a bunch Smiley Happy

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Curve 9360 wont go past boot screen - constant loop

I have bought a new 9360 in October. In a little over a month (after the warranty period) I uninstalled the Social Feeds app. The device required a reboot, so I allowed the reboot to happen. The phone went into a reboot cycle after that.

I received a new 9360 in replacement of that one (which Rogers could not fix).. A month after, the new device stopped sending BBMs. I did a hard reset on the phone and it went into a reboot cycle.

Long story short, this is a software issue, there are lots of issues but no official fixes for it. Blackberry or your service provider does not have a solution for consumers who are buying a half assed product.

The only temporary fix is go to http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

1. Go to: 

Windows 32 Bit 
    CSmiley Tonguerogram FilesCommon FilesResearch In MotionAppLoaderLoader.exe

Windows 64 bit:
    CSmiley Tonguerogram Files (x86)Common FilesResearch In MotionAppLoaderLoader.exe

If you you are unable to find this file, you will have to perform a search through your Windows computer for this file name.  You may also go to the file by clicking on Start > Run.  In the run command, copy and paste the file path above and it should bring you directly to that file in Windows.

2. The Application loader will open.   On the Welcome screen, press next.
  3. At the Port Selection screen connect the BlackBerry without a battery. Press next once the PIN shows up, or Unknown shows in box. Put in the battery if no PIN shows up.
  4. At the device Application Selection screen, select all modules to be reloaded onto the device then press Next. Most 3rd party applications can be selected and would be kept on the device.
  5. Press the Advanced button. 
  6. On the Device Data Preservation screen, make sure both boxes are checked to delete all application data, and all currently installed applications. They may be grayed out and already selected or you may have to check them manually. Press Next.  
  7. Once you select to erase all data, the Loader Wizard may ask to make a backup. Select Do not automatically backup and restore device.  Please ensure the battery is inserted properly in the phone and press next.
  8. While the device is being erased and reloaded.  Please wait for the process to finish and DO NOT unplug the BlackBerry or turn off the computer.  Test the device for 24 hours and perform a selective restore on the device using the Desktop Software

I say this is a temporary fix because the problem is within the firmware/software itself. This will reset your phone, breaking it out of the reboot cycle but may happen again. If you still have a warrenty, I sugest getting an Android. Blackberry support has been of no use and it's a dying company because of it.