Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9360
My Carrier: TIM It

New Desktop Manager 7.0

I downloaded the new Desktop Manager 7.0. My computer runs Windows 7. well, the program does not work. I am able to open it, to set it for syncing, but after it begins to sync, it stops, and nothing has been done.

I tried to go back to previous versions, but not so easy. Blackberry site allows ownloading only for latest version.

But it does not work! I tried several times to run it; I switched off/on computer, I redownloaded everything, but the program stops at the same point everytime.

Nice!. i use Blackberry for job not for fun. Ad now i have a problem.

Thank you for any advice.

Paolo.

New Contributor
My Device: STORM 2 9550
My Carrier: BELL MOBILITY

Re: New Desktop Manager 7.0

uninstall it and download DM6.1 - you can find it by searching for it (sorry, I didn't bookmark the site where I found it) install it and re-sync - works fine - I feel your pain
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: New Desktop Manager 7.0

You can get the Blackberry version of DM v.6.x here:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/conta​ctFormPreload.do?code=577BCC914F9E55D5E4E4F82F9F0...

You may need to do a clean install:

BB instructions for that are here:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?​cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206

Hope this helps.

I have 40+ years IT experience, and wasted several days on this :smileysad:.

Beautiful device (both technically and aesthetically); lousy software and support from what I can gather ...

People over on the Business Support forum are having similar problems ...

WHY do I have this spooky feeling that someone from BB should be telling people this ... ??