Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780, Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless (Canada)

New Desktop Manager is Synching All My Calendars .. please make it stop

I am self employed.  I have a lot of personal reminders on my handheld deviice and up until this current desktop manager version, I was able to only sync my default calendar which was my business one.

Now, with this new version, it seems to be synching, BBM, facebook, all 4 of my organizers and has made a congested mess of everything.

Is there a way to only sync one organizer, that is my DEFAULT organizer with outlook 7 using the new destop software?

I really appreciate any assistance provided.

Frank

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: New Desktop Manager is Synching All My Calendars .. please make it stop

Hi DrFever,

The BlackBerry® Desktop Software synchronizing all calendars on the BlackBerry® smartphone and not the default calendar only is by design in BlackBerry® 7 and cannot be modified. Please see the following KB article. "All calendars on the BlackBerry smartphone synchronize to Outlook using BlackBerry Desktop Software" http://bbry.lv/PsyIMO

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

I have a device running OS7.1 and it is not true that it is not configurable.

You configure BB Desktop Software to synch with specific calendars in your apps (outlook, outlook express, etc) look at the advanced settings when you set up sync. Whatever you decide to sync, syncs to the default on your bb device.

However you have to be careful when installing applications and setting up to receive e-mails on your bb device. The Facebook app defaults to sync with calendar and contacts. You need to manually turn that off. Also when setting up your internet e-mail (gmail, yahoo, hotmail, etc.) you have to make sure calendar(if available for example in gmail) and contacts are not syncronized. They are by default, you have to look at the settings and customize so they are not when you set them up, or edit them if you already have them set up.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Verizon

Sorry i misunderstood your problem. I thought you had things you did not want on your BB. But reading again I see that you don't want all from your BB on your computer.
In this case there is no way to control it.