Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: ATT

New Desktop for PC a step back?

I like my BBerry 9810 and think it’s the best phone you make and I recommend it.  I’ve had BBerrys, iPhones and an Android phone and still stick with BBerry. 

However, your new BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC looks like a step back to me. 

First, the transition to version 7 from previous versions created havoc with my device.  

I ended up erasing everything on my 9810 and starting over.  Took more than an hour.  Shame on you not making this a seamless transition. 

The new software detected all sorts of incompatibilities between my existing device data and my Outlook data that the previous synch version accepted.  Took time to reconcile. 

Second, with version 7, unless I am mistaken (and I could be) we have lost the ability to INDIVIDUALLY decide how to reconcile device vs. Outlook data conflicts.  The conflict resolution appears to be an all-or-none decision.  Either I check the ‘apply to all’ box or I can only decide on one pair of conflict records when I hit OK.  I want to be able to decide for each pair of conflicting records what to do individually, as well as have the en masse option. 

While I’m on my soapbox, it would be nice if you offered an inexpensive wireless synch service for non-Exchange users like me.  Again, Apple’s Mobile Me, now their iTunes/iCloud does this for their individual users.  I’m still synching my 9810 by wire. 

Thanks.  

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: New Desktop for PC a step back?

I completely agree with thorathome.   In addition, even if I wanted to tediously wade through the changes one by one, I can't even see what they are, since the left hand column is truncated and not expandable.  Bring back Intellisync, or at least do a professional job of giving us the same functionality we used to have!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9850
My Carrier: Verizon

I installed the Blackberry Desktop upgrade over the weekend. The first time I synced my device with Outlook the program found 200 "conflicts" that were not there 2 days before.  This was a major problem with my Outlook calendar in terms of duplicating a number of entries.  I actually went back to January 2012 and corrected the duplicates in Outlook then did a one-way sync replacing all of the entries on the device.  What a pain. 

In addition, the "Intellisync" software routinely completed the entire sync process in less than 2 minutes. The new software required over 20 minutes to complete the process INCORRECTLY. HOW CAN THIS BE CONSIDERED AN UPGRADE??? 

I also am frustrated that there is NO WAY to communicate DIRECTLY with Blackberry without paying a fee.  Why stay loyal to a company that makes it hard for customers to provide feedback?

New Contributor

I'm with you on the 'no way to talk to Blackberry' front.  It disappoins me because I remain a loyal customer.  

But I am also unable to find any way on their site to send them a note.  That's how I found this forum.  
I did sent a note to the webmaster asking that it be forwarded to the right people.  They sent it back to me!  

So, good luck Blackberry.  Your loyal fans need reasons to remain loyal.  Please help.  

New Contributor

Good news, actually.  When dealing with record conflicts which arise during synching, it was not clear to me initially how this works.  

On experimentation, each entry in the conflict table can be individually set for resolution OR you can do them all the same way.  There's no feedback on what you chose as in the previous version/  

Not bad.  Could have been clearer, but it works the way I want it to. 

One bright light.  Still miffed by all the time I spent on this.  Glad I backed up first.  

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

It appears that Blackberry Staff have a deathwish for the company.  What **bleep** puts out software without getting it tested, for free, by their clients.  Even MS do this with their OS.

Even worse, what bunch of idiots allow a fiasco like this to go on.  You can't tell me they are unaware of this with all the upset customers and yet they still remain silent.

The least they could do is make version 6 available for downloading again, so that we wouldn't have to go through some dodgy site that wants to also download advertising software.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Version 7.0.0.59 is just terrible.  With the older version you could see what the conflict was (or items that were on the device/computer but not on the other) and decide how to fix it.  Now it just says there is a conflict with a VERY short bit of the items.  Another window (that I'm not even sure how I got there) gives you a list that is **bleep**-backwards in that it says where but that doesn't mean where the item is (computer or phone) but where it will be added/changed.  You also do not have a choice to select which items to update.  And WHY would Halloween from years past need to be synced?

My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Vodafone

Totally agree - it is a step back to 90's.  I've used BlackBerry mobiles since launched and have been 'syncing' with Outlook since the 90's.

This upgrade, which I 'synced' yesterday does not allow me to decide if I want that past 100 forward 100 calendar events.

Yesterday I kept getting sync error messages, so switched off everything except the calendar.  It then synced the whole diary....!

NOT HAPPY

Can I roll back to previous version of desktop?

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: o2

I tried to roll back by using a Restore Point but this did not work.

Since then I have downloaded the software from the website (rather than upgrade) and done a fresh install.  This appears to have worked.  I now have the FOLDERS tab in Advance settings.

The Version is still 59.  Everything appears to be there but there is a different way of achieving the same tasks.  You can chose what syncs and what to ignore, there's just a different way of doing it.

Why did I get bleeped for calling someone an **bleep**?

Once again, thanks to RIM for staying totally silent on this one!

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 bold
My Carrier: H3g

Hi All,

my situation is even worse 'cause I can't sync AT ALL !!.

I'd like to step back to 6.0 but it disappeared from the website and apparently there's no way to find it.

Any help?

tkx