Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: iusacell

Re: New Desktop s/w 7.0xx bundle 044

same, uninstalled desktop 7, put 6.1, crashes on startup (did not before updating to 7)

no way to sync BB!!

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

No time for this crapola. As I posted in another topic. I am on my way out to choose a new platform for our company. Droid or Windows phone 7.5 will be used by our employees by Monday. This is (was) the last time!!
Anyone want to buy some used BBy Tours??
Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

Hi Bifocals,

Although I could not obtain any Windows Error Reporting information from Software Environment log, the error report that is send to Microsoft when the Desktop Software fails, contains the following summary:

Error Signiture

Event type : clr20r3              P1 : rim.desktop.exe               P2 : 7.0.0.43               P3 : 4f2bf8de

P4 : microsoft.practices.composite                          P5 : 2.0.1.0                     P6 : 4cfdaa3a

P7 : 12b                    P8 : 50                        P9 : sclhiaanmqhkf4zdfpvvwejkphnm1zuj

Don't know if it is of any value to you.

Kind regards

Paul18

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Version 7 looks t o have been pulled from the RIM web site.. Remove 7 and re-install 6 and you will have to do some re-config and then be fine

Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630

Yup, that worked for me. All I did was remove/uninstall and then download and install the older one, confgure it and all is good again. That takes the pressure off and all we lost was a few days productivity and gained a bunch of frustration and angst. At lease we can now transition away from RIM in an orderly manor. This was the last time......

I can not understand how they could have let this happen and then to make it worse, bot post what happened and a fix imediatly and prominantly.

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Vodacom

When I try to run Desktop Software V6 or v7, it fails with a error report to Microsoft. Between uninstalls via the Control Panel I ran Ccleaner on the registry before re-installing.

The error report that is send to Microsoft when the Desktop Software fails, contains the following summary:

For V7:

Error Signiture

Event type : clr20r3        P1 : rim.desktop.exe          P2 : 7.0.0.43                P3 : 4f2bf8de

P4 : microsoft.practices.composite ​                  P5 : 2.0.1.0                       P6 : 4cfdaa3a

P7 : 12b                 P8 : 50                            P9 : sclhiaanmqhkf4zdfpvvwejkphnm1zuj 

For V6:

Error Signiture

Event type : clr20r3        P1 : rim.desktop.exe          P2 : 7.0.0.43                P3 : 4f2bf8de

P4 : presentationframework ​                  P5 : 3.0.0.0                       P6 : 4bb2dd31

P7 : 962                 P8 : 1                            P9 : system.missingmethodexception

I don't know what all this means but what I do find strange is that P2 : 7.0.0.43 remains at this value regardless whether it is V6 or V7.

I don't know if this has any value to anyone.

New Contributor
My Device: plAybook
My Carrier: none

Does anyoen know how to manually reinstall the software - I can no longer get windows installer to install it - The installation starts and then it get to the installer help screen and when I click ok the programs exits.

Help !!!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8310

gfreidman: Go to <https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...> and download the EXE file from there (this is the reposted PC version of the Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38. Save this in a location to which you can easily return. Then double click from that same location the file named: 610_b038_multilanguage.exe. It has its own installer built in. If that does not work, You may have to look elsewhere for the Windows installer and replace it. Windows update may help.

I hope this helps!
BB_User1
New Contributor
My Device: plAybook
My Carrier: none

Thanks for the response, biut that's the program that is not letting me install the desktop software 

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

gfreidman wrote:

Thanks for the response, biut that's the program that is not letting me install the desktop software 

gfriedman, use the instructions I think I gave you yesterday to uninstall the old software, and I think (did I?) I gave you a link to the Clean Uninstall directions.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code