Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

New Desktop software is a disaster

Wanted to do  a sync. Saw that new software was available, so downloaded Desktop 7.

It hung  five times and had to be restarted each time before I got the program to start syncing. Four of the hangs happened when I tired to do advanced configuration. The last hang was when I tired to start to sync. In that case no progress was reported  on the green progress bar (green motion never started).

On the next try the sync started, and it took nearly an hour to read in the Outlook and BB data. Now has been syncing for a total of two hours, and has reached "preparing Sync Preview". Since getting to this state,  PF Usage on my computer is near 100%;  CPU usage by Desktop is currently over 50%;  Windows announced it was having to increase the size of virtual memory.

What a disaster!

Yes I have big files, 6800 contacts and 1500 calendar entries, but BB is supposed to be an enterprise quality product. I'm wondering if I should buy an Android phone or iPhone tomorrow.