Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

New Email Account Settings Don't Show Up On Device

Hello, I am configuring my boss's Bold for him. We had a POP email account setup and working. I went into the email setup on the device (which launched a browser and connected to T-Mobile). I changed the name of his previous account, then set up a new IMAP account (gmail through Google Apps) with the same name. The setup completed fine so I deleted the old account. If I close the settings and go back in it shows the new account and the settings appear correct.

Here is the problem: even after taking out the battery for 10 seconds and restarting the device still shows the old messages in his inbox and does not show the new inbox. How do I force the device to start using the new IMAP account and flush out the old messages from the leftover POP account?

Thanks

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New Email Account Settings Don't Show Up On Device

Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

if still nothing...
3. resend your service books from your carrier BIS site.
http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Where_can_I_log_into_my_BIS_account%3F

Then, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New Email Account Settings Don't Show Up On Device

I have an 8900, I want to delete my hotmail account and only have my mac account.

I go to wizard, email setup, want to create an email (cos there is notanoptiontodelete)

type user name, my email?

cannot remember password, ask for it to be sent to device.

NOTHING

Have donethissomanytimes,whatdoIdonext.

Have not gotanythingsenttome,whereisitbeingsentto?Notme.

And why cannot I not use the space bar on this page?!!!!!!