Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

New OS 6 update!!!

I thought it was just me that hated this update but from reading here I see I am not alone. I hate the large icons at the bottom instead of the smaller ones on OS5, what is the use of having a background pic if you can't even see it because of the grey area's at the top and bottom of the screen??

From what I've read here there are no other themes from OS5 that work with OS6 and according to the verizon rep there is no fix when running 6 for the display. All I want is for it to view like OS5 on my screen.

Oh.....and let me tell you what happened when I downloaded the update (via computer) to my 4 month old BB Bold!! It locked everything up, blew the display and I was out of a phone until I could get to a retail store the next morning. About 3 months ago according to the verizon rep corporate took all the replacement phones away from the retail locations and now they have to send you one from warranty division. So now I can either wait until they send me a replacement via FedEx (another 24 hrs)OR.....buy another phone AND let them send me the warranty replacement as a back up in case this one takes a dive so that's what I did. Downloading the update cost me $100 and much aggravation to get a new bold WITH OS6 that I hate!!!!

Rep did tell me after I called to complain that I could downgrade to OS5 which I plan to do tonight but what a costly and stressful event just to get faster browsing that I don't really do anyway!!!