Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9320 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom / orange

New Service provider

I bought a 9320 Curve in South Africa.  I am now in France, changed my service provider, but can not get onto the Blackberry Internet Services, so no BBM.  When I log in with my BB Profile name etc, it picks me up still with the South African service provider.  How do I re-set my BB that it will pick me up with my new French service provider?  Also, it keeps on saying that it can not connect to the appworld!   I also checked with the SA service provider and my phone is not blocked! 

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: New Service provider

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I am assuming your voice services are working fine from the new provider? Voice calls, SMS, voice mail all are coming from the new provider? If so, then it's a BIS matter indeed, and not an MEP locked situation.

Refer:

• KB03889 Changing the service provider or network

You also may want to perform a full device WIPE in order to see if that will allow things to shift.

Otherwise, you will need to continue to work with the two carriers...from all you describe, it sounds indeed like the SA carrier has not released the BB PIN from their BIS...and until they do so, the new FR carrier cannot create a BIS account for you. But, only they (the two carriers) can work that out as only they have access to their systems -- a conference call between them could well be useful.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................