Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New User Needs Help

I recently switched from a Palm 700P to a Blackberry Storm.  I understand that the Palm is first a PDA and the Blackberry a Mobil Phone.  My frustration is that when entering addresses, phone information, etc., I have to enter it directly into the Blackberry.  With the Palm I was able to enter the data via. the computer and then download it to the PDA.  Is there a program that permits me to enter the data into the computer then download it directly into the Blackberry?  Any assistance or suggestions are appreciated.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: New User Needs Help

You might want to start out by reading up on the basics of the BB world. There is an excellent set of data located here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board?board.id=NewBlackBerryUsers

Best!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530 Storm

Re: New User Needs Help

You should have received an application disk with the phone, called "Blackberry User Tools", containing companion applications.  One of these is Blackberry Desktop Manager, which will allow you to synchronize your phone's contacts list with the contacts folder of your PIM on your computer (I am using MS Outlook, and it works very well).

The BDM is NOT like the Palm desktop in that it is not a "mini-PIM". BDM is a bridging connection that allows you to synchronize contacts and other PIM data from another program, but does not store that data itself.

I hope this helps.