03-24-2009 05:48 AM
Hi there. Just got my new BB Storm 9500 (Vodafone/UK). Seems to be okay, though my hands are a bit big for the keyboard! I have two questions, the answers for which I can't find on-line, nor on the device itself:
1. Is there any way of me creating a custom dictionary on the PC and then transferring into the device (I type 75 wpm on a 'proper' keyboard - about 7.5 w.p.m. on the BB!!!!)?
2. Is there any way I can change what appears to be an automated signature at the end of e-mails sent from the device ("Sent from my BB...")
Any help would be appreciated.
03-24-2009 07:37 AM
1. Not that i know of. I guess you could type all the words in an email or memo on the PC and then transfer to the BB and copy paste to the Custom Dictionary area.
2. 1. Login to you BIS site for your carrier. Carrier BIS login sites are listed here:
OR you can login from your BlackBerry at the "personal email setup" icon.
2. Click on the "edit" next to the email account on which you wish to edit (or remove) the signature.
3. Where it says "signature", delete all text if you want NO signature, or edit the display what you prefer rather than "Sent from my BlackBerry..."
4. Click SAVE.
PIN: C0001B7B4 Display/Scan Bar Code
PIN: C0005A9AA Display/Scan Bar Code
03-24-2009 04:50 PM
Got the signature sorted out - you were a great help.
And a great idea (which I hadn't thought of) re. cut-n-pasting the words into the custom dictionary. Unfortunately, the latter doesn't allow 'pasting'!