Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New User Set up questions

New User here -

Can I use different ICONS on the 'home screen' for different eMails I establish?  

Secondly, how can I set up a speed dial key to append the phone number with a delay, then a mailbox and password to make it easy to get messages from a work voicemail?  Got to be some way...All help apprecated...

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: New User Set up questions

Thanks for opening a new post!

for Voice mail go to call log - options - voice mail you will see where you can enter the phone number and then your password, no pause needed BB does it for you. Added bonus, after you set it up, you can hold down the 1key and it will dial voice mail for you!

All emails will go to your message queue, just the way the setup works, You can use the email Icons associated with your account (globe with email address) and look in there for messages for that account, but they will still show up in your message queue.

You can break out text from emails into separate queues if you like. Go to message queue options SMS and Email inbox and choose separate.

Let me know if this answers your questions!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Actually, I may not have been clear.

Button one works well to retrieve messages in the blackberry voicemail box.  I would like to set up a speed dial number that dials my office and enters the mailbox/password after the voicemail kicks in.  The speed dial I am trying to set up is for my office - not the Blackberry.... I only see ways to add existing contacts (with no appendages) to a speed dial button.....

Secondly, I have four eMails set up on the Home screen - that works well - what I would like to do is make the work ICON different - so I can more easily differentiate it from the three others that look identical...Can I simply modify how one particular icon looks????

Guru I

Sorry I misunderstood!

I don't know of a was other then to setup an addressbook entry for your office number, the problem would be how to pause through the rings until the phone answers.

Sorry about the icons, unless you can find a theme that will allow you to modify the Icons, they stay the same.

Did I answer you more efficiently that time?

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

yes thank you.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

willertel wrote:
I would like to set up a speed dial number that dials my office and enters the mailbox/password after the voicemail kicks in.  The speed dial I am trying to set up is for my office - not the Blackberry.... I only see ways to add existing contacts (with no appendages) to a speed dial button.....
I don't know what you mean by "appendages".

You can create a contact which phone number will contain a pause, then continues other numbers, and then wait for a click from you, and then continue again.

from the home screen :
phone application >> menu >> help >> Phone basics >> Make a call >> Related tasks >> Add a pause or a wait to a phone number

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
Guru I

Willertell,

Here is an example:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=3458&query.id=52391#M...