Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: +91 9444611238

New User of unlocked bb torch 9800

[ Edited ]
Current Focus: "Hi, I am a new member to this forum. I looking forward to have some assistance to use my blackberry. I am a new user of blackberry torch 9800. It was under AT&T data plan and now it is out of contract. It was also not used for some time. Now it is unlocked. All datas were erased due to none availability of password. Security wipe also done. Now how to create a bb id ? This phone is going to be used in India. How create bb id? I have wi-fi connection. Is it possible to create without valid. Sim? Whether this phone can be used with out bb data plan in India ? Software version is 6.0 version. Guide me to make use of this phone. Thanks"
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: New User of unlocked bb torch 9800

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Refer:

• KB24062 How to create a BlackBerry ID

However, unless you activate a proper BIS-level data plan from a carrier, and that carrier natively supports your specific BB model number, you will not have access to a great many BB-proprietary services. Things like email, native BB-browser, and several different apps simply will not function, even via WiFi, if you do not have a proper data plan.

I would advice deciding first exactly what services you desire, then investigating data plans from your available carriers that would enable those services, and further investigating if those carriers can natively support your BB for proper registration and Service Book delivery. If any of those steps cannot be passed, then it is unlikely that your BB will be able to function as you desire (if what you desire are BB-proprietary services).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: +91 9444611238

Hi! Thank you for your suggestion. I am on vacation to USA. When I go back to my home country their i can check with service providers. I personally appreciate your efforts to respond for my post.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are most welcome...good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums doss20us! Smiley Happy

A great place for you to visit: Tips & Tricks

Keep coming back; especially once you have your Torch rolling!   

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.