Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New User who is Technologically Challenged...

Hi all. So I'm a bit of a twit when it comes to this stuff... so I have a few questions...

1) How can I sync with my Mac? I downloaded the MacBerry (or something to that effect from the main Blackberry download site) - but I keep getting an error message - any tips?

2) When I got the phone they added my hotmail account, but not my work (an IMAP account) - how can I add this?

3) Is there any way to add reminders for a particular day? Like through the calendar function? But without actually having a time?

4) How come when I delete my messages on my (for example) hotmail account it doesn't automatically delete them from the blackberry? Is there a way to do that? (or if I delete them from my blackberry to ensure they aren't deleted from my actual email account?)

5) Can I save frequently used websites somehow? Like mapquest or google? So I don't have to always go through the junk at the start?

THANKS SO MUCH! Smiley Happy

SP

Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Re: New User who is Technologically Challenged...

Try www.discoverblackberry.com .  There is a lot to learn about these devices to use them correctly.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
Super Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9530

Forgot to add this:  In the lower corner they have a link for "101 interactive demos".  I'm sure this will help you.

** Don't forget to resolve your post with the accepted solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks. I still can't figure out the email thing - If I go online or through the phone it asks about setting up a Blackberry email account? Is that in addition to my work and hotmail accounts? Or is it just an account that encompases all other email accounts? And should they have told me what my user name and password are when I got my phone?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

I think it would be best to check with your IT department in setting up the particulars of your email account.

Please let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter