Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: STORM 9530 on VERIZON 552 kbps

New VyMail update 0.8.3.4 for YouMail

[ Edited ]

if your using youmail, you've probably got the VyMail app, well they've updated it, and heres what they added:

• Added: Multi-selection in the voice mail list view
  • Added: Home screen icon changes on new messages
  • Added: Alerts on new messages (manage them under your standard ringer profiles)
  • Added: Headset and bluetooth support
  • Added: Ability to change audio output directly from the message detail screen
  • Added: Player progress bar
  • Added: Key shortcuts to message detail screen:
  • space - play/pause
  • shift+space - restart playback
  • f - flag/unflag
  • r - mark read
  • delete - delete the messge
  • c - call the number that left the message
  • Changed: The color and padding values of the second line in the list display (hopefully this improves readability with pearls, et al)
  • Fixed: PIN field only allows numeric input now
  • Fixed: Changing connection type did not take affect until device reset
  • Fixed: Ribbon icon only displays if VyMail is currently active, and will now activate the application.

ota: http://www.joekrill.com/vymail/ota/

Message Edited by jeff1974w on 02-09-2009 06:42 PM

If I or another member have helped, be sure to click the KUDOS!!!

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

http://www.rimblackberrystorm.webs.com

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New VyMail update 0.8.3.4 for YouMail

I've used this application and the official YouMail application and this one functions must better for me.
Forums Advisor III

Yes, the Vymail is built for the storm, as the youmail version is not!

great app huh

If your issue has been solved, please resolve this thread by marking the post which solved it for you!

4.7.0.122,SLACKER, FaceDial,Poynt, Myspace, Weather Midlet, You Tube, Tiltris, logMaid, Youmail

Super Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Oh yeah!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Jeff--I already had youmail set up on my Storm so I just downloaded the OTA link for vymail you provided and installed that without uninstalling the previous youmail software. Was it OK to do it that way? Thanks-Ken B.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Downloads: QuickPull, AppWorld, Roblock, TalkLock, Viigo, Bible, eBay, Google Maps, YouMail
Forums Advisor III

If there is not a update option with any APP, it is always good to delete that app and restart the device, then install the updated version of the APP.

If you start to experience problems, i would uninstall, restart the device and reinstall the APP.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

It all seems to be working fine and it is a definite improvement. Jeff, in this particular case, I'm assuming it was necessary to leave the previous YouMail app installed since VyMail installs over it using the YouMail settings. From what I understand, it is necessary to have YouMail installed first to be able to use VyMail. Agree? Thanks-Ken B.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Downloads: QuickPull, AppWorld, Roblock, TalkLock, Viigo, Bible, eBay, Google Maps, YouMail