Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Vodaphone
Accepted Solution

New Whatsapp version froze my BB... HELP?

Hi, I upgraded my Whatsapp version a couple of days ago. Originally no problems, however this morning my phone battery was dead, so I've plugged it in to recharge. Now though I keep getting the same notification over and over and over again for Whatsapp http permissions. I cannot close it as every time I say allow/deny/tick/untick all possible options, it pops up again immediately. My phone is now unusable as I cannot even call with it.

The Whatsapp message boards are useless as well. Any ideas on how I can shut the application down when my only options are the BB keyboard and the app notification with 2 options "Allow" and "Deny" ?

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: New Whatsapp version froze my BB... HELP?

Hi yksdoris

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please try a Battery pull first like this device POWERED ON remove the Battery from the back wait for a min. then re-insert it back wait till your device takes a long reboot.See if problem resolves.

If problem persists then Start your device on Safe Mode KB17877  How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode. On Safe Mode Uninstall Whatsapp from the device ,For that  On your HomeScreen Go to Options > Device > Application Management > Scroll down and locate Whatsapp then press the menu key then delete. 

After deleting Whatapp perform a another Battery pull restart as mentioned above.If problem resolves you can download whatsapp again later on.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Vodaphone

It worked, thanks!!!

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi yksdoris

That's great...Cheers !

Prince