Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: Starhub

New battery lifespan -0 <24 hrs

Hi - I just purchased my Bold 9790, did the usual (initial charge of more than 12 hours), did all i can to reduce battery use, but the battery dies within 24 hours.

Measures I've done:

- reduced backlight to 10 (in all honesty, there doesn't seem to be any different between 80 and 10 in terms of brightness)

- no FB or Twitter running

- no excess apps  (only email, whatsapp, BBM running)

- only using 2G, no wifi or anything else running concurrently

Is the battery faulty?  My previous Bold (9700) battery is SO MUCH better -- with the exact same settings, it lasts 3-4 days on 1 charge!

Please help advise if I should / can do a 1:1 exchange.  My phone is barely 1 week old.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New battery lifespan -0 <24 hrs

A couple of pointers:

• Don't let the battery die completely, to 10-15% charge. That actually kills the battery life faster.
  • Always top off from time to time during the day when possible, even ten minutes of charging will increase your battery life dramatically.
  • Try this a couple of times, while charging the device and still connected to the wall outlet charger, remove the battery and replace to reboot. This can reset the 'on-device' battery meter, which sometimes may become out of sync with the actual battery charge.
  • Make sure all applications are closed and not running in the background. Make sure the browser is not left open on an active website.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: New battery lifespan -0 <24 hrs

Check out the website to extend your battery life

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/32608/Tips_extend_battery_life_smrtphn_6...