Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New emails are showing as opened on Bold

I'm very efficient on Blackberry having used it since 2002 but this one stumps me ever since picking up the Bold from Rogers.   Whenever I go to my email I see several emails that are new showing up as read - despite the fact that I hadn't opened any of them.  This happens every day.

Anybody else see this as a problem?  hard to tell if I have a new message when they show as opened soon as they hit my inbox.

New Contributor

Re: New emails are showing as opened on Bold

I just had the same thing happened to mine today... I saw the red button for new message but didn't open the Bold for another 30 mins.  When I got to it, it showed both email as been read.

BTW do you lock your handset when not in used?  I just started locking it today, don't remember having this problem the last couple of days when I left the phone "unlocked".

New Contributor

Re: New emails are showing as opened on Bold

I think I've fixed this problem....

I think the problem occurs when the emails are downloaded by Eudora's POP connection onto my computer.

Once I remove "Reconcile" for all my email accounts on the Bold.  I no longer have emails been shown as "Read" before I open them on the Bold.