Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New here!

Hi there!  Just registered here because I am curious as to what people think about their BB Storm 9530.  My carrier (Alltel) is in the process of switching to Verizon and I am able to renew my contract and get a new phone.  I went to the store today to find out about the switch and ended up looking at and seriously considering the BB Storm.  I have a Moto Q and really liked it at first but then it started doing wierd stuff.  I don't have a lot of time to spend dealing with phone issues as I am in nursing school...heck I have no time for anything other than that!!  lol

So what do you all feel about your phone and what do you advise...should I get it or not?  I will be purchasing 2 so I really need to know this.

Thanks!

Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: New here!

One of my devices is BlackBerry Storm and I like it Smiley Happy
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Hello NURSE~ WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums!!

I started out with the CURVE and loved it - I now have had the STORM for a couple of months and totally love it!! I have to tell you both of the BlackBerries take a while to get used to but they are fantastic and I can't believe I went this long without one!! I love it!! Totally addicted!  The STORM is a great device!~!

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Thanks...I'm just worried about any issues people have.  Looking at this messageboard there seems to be quite a few issues.

New Contributor

btw...

cathlabnurse...how funny is this...I am externing in the cath lab where I'm from...

New Contributor

It's just like the news on radio and tv. Only the bad things are reported. I've had my Storm for 1 month and have learned it's limits and deal  with it. It's plus's way outnumber the negatives.
Elite I

Nurseinprogress wrote:

btw...

cathlabnurse...how funny is this...I am externing in the cath lab where I'm from...

That's awesome Nurseinprogress!!  

You will have to send me a PM (private message)  and update me!!   I love my STORM like I said, but I also have friends in the Lab that love their CURVE.....  Smiley Happy 

Try it out for a good two weeks then if you don't like it, exchange it for the other one.   I think you will like it!   

My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I have had my storm since March. It was really overwhelming at first, it is my first bb. I have heard either you love it or hate it. For me it took awhile to educate myself and this board and the people here are AWESOME! I am also fortunate to have a good Verizon store nearby where I have met a couple of people who work there that also have the storm and I can ask them anything. Good luck!
Verizon Wireless
Storm 9530 4.2.0.128
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I think the comments here have nailed it.  For the vast majority of users, the Storm is no problem at all (and hence we never see them on here).  But as with all technology, some do have glitches.  The good news is that many of these glitches can be resolved, and for those that are actually hardware related, a simple replacement does the trick Smiley Happy.

As the others have stated, if you take the time to learn the device and don't expect it to do more than it can, it's a great phone.  I came to the Storm from a Motorola RAZR and a seperate PDA, and it's a great device - I don't bother bringing my computer with me everywhere anymore, and I don't have to fight the urge to turn on my computer just to see if I have any new emails anymore.

Smiley Happy

Definitely take the advice above and try it out.  If it's not the right phone for you, no problem, it's nothing personal (and hey, don't forget, the new Tour is about to come out).  But if you end up deciding that it is the right device for you, we'll be here to answer any questions you might have!  And don't forget to check out the FAQ's and Tips and Tricks section - there is a lot of really useful info there that will help you learn how to take advantage of the features of your Storm.  Here's the link:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=NewBlackBerryUsers&thread.id=227

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Elite I

kmblygrn wrote:
I have had my storm since March. It was really overwhelming at first, it is my first bb. I have heard either you love it or hate it. For me it took awhile to educate myself and this board and the people here are AWESOME! I am also fortunate to have a good Verizon store nearby where I have met a couple of people who work there that also have the storm and I can ask them anything. Good luck!

WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums kmblygrn! Glad you are here!!  Thanks for sharing !! That is awesome