Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

New icon and missing memo icon :(

[ Edited ]

Hi folks,

I am new to the boards, so please bear with me as I have just been reading and hoping to learn the *rules*! I have a BB8310 Curve and just this morning I had to have ATT restore it back to factory after something went wrong with the DeviceManager. To make a long story short, I have everything correct now (i.e.. The right DM  I had the wrong version Smiley Sad) and I had my phone backed up as I do every week. So I restored everything and first I can't find my *memo* icon anywhere and I use it all the time for lists and such, second I have this blue oval icon by where I get text/email notifications, that has something in it that looks like a snowflake! Could this icon be due to having my email and texts notifications set to separate? Can anyone tell me what that is and where I might find my Memo icon? I have looked in every folder I have (or at least I think I have) such as my stuff, settings, options, etc and it's gone along with an entire list of things in it. I also only have one icon that is hidden and it's the ATT Navigator as I have Google maps instead. This is driving me nuts! Thanks everyonein advance

****edited because I have been reading all over and found it is called *memo* not notepad...so sorry for the wrong verbiage and I still can't find it Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: New icon and missing memo icon :(

On your BlackBerry, go to Options > Status > press the Menu key > Database Sizes.

Scroll down to Memos... what number is there (like 45/84kb)?

If there is anything other than 0/0kb, that means the Memos app is installed on your devcie, so keep looking... Smiley Happy It's gotta be there.

If 0, then back to the drawing board to load Memos... make sure Operating System is loaded to your PC, open Desktop Manager > Application Loader, and see that Memos is checked to install on your device.

If you need details, please post back.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you sooooooooooo much! For whatever reason the notepad wasn't installed, I guess when I reinstalled everything Ijust thought the restore would do it. Now I have my notes back. One problem tho, I have no clue what I did or how to get itback or how it even got there in the first place, but before I just did this I had a Web browser icon that I could use like Googleand it's gone Smiley Sad and I have no clue how to get that one back. One more question and please forgive me if I shouldhave started a new thread but in all this reading I have done, I read about *cleanup*, should I set this phone to do cleanups like I do on my PC? This is more complicated than my PC ever thought of being LOL! I can re-partition, re-format, etc on thePC but when it comes to this phone I feel *illiterate*! Thanks again so much Smiley Happy

***oh yeah I found out that I had the Bluetooth on and I don't even have one, so when I disabled it, the snowflake icon went away!!

**just got the email and the Browser back, not I am still wondering about the cleanup! TIA

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

well, i looked because i also have the same problem and i don't have the memopad listed there! what do i do??? i really need some of the information in therre! is it listed in my computer somehwere? please help! thanx!

New Contributor

Hi,

Did you look at what JSanders had me do? If you have the Desktop Manager, it will work...try what he said in the above post on mine and see if that works (all steps) if not he said post back. Hope if works as easy as it did for me Smiley Happy

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

ya, thanks, it wasnt working but now i tried it again and it did! thanx!