Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New owner confused and upset

I have spent two days trying to start using my laptop to manage my calendar etc.  I have installed all the software provided.  When I plug in and open the desktop manager I get a message saying I have no applications configured for syncronization.  I don't know what that means or how to fix it.  Please help.  I would have stayed with my regular cell phone if I didn't want this option.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: New owner confused and upset

Hi and welcome to the forums!

By all software I take it to mean you are using the Blackberry Desktop Software on your PC?

Did you go through the Synch Wizard? It asks you about Outlook, tasks, address book etc. and how you want them to sync. If you don't go through it, then you won't have any apps to sync.

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

I'm sorry I can't give you an answer as I do not use that fuction, but I thought I would just try to cheer you up!

Confusion is ok but please don't be upset. They are called smartphones because you have to be smart to use it, maybe that's why I need a tour guide to turn it on. They are quite complicated until you get the hang of it but Blackberry's are a wonderful device with endless tools to help you in your day to day life. Please be patient and look through these forums there is tons of useful information here and plenty of kind people to help you out. Best of luck to you.

~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor

That sounds logical... where would I find this "Sync Wizard"?

and Thank you

New Contributor

Thank you, I am smiling!  I can only hope that the friendly people hear can help me becoome as smart as my phone
Guru I

Looking at the screen of Desktop manager it's on the bottom left  "Synchronize". Press the icon, on the top left corner of the second screen is  Configuration Synchronization. Hit that and it should guide you through it.

TO make sure the BB is connected look on the bottom of the main screen to see it has your PIN number under Device connected to:

Let me know if it works!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor

Hey, thanks so much!  that seemed to work.  Now I need to get as smart as my phone so I can actually use this.  I'll likely be back later for more advise!  Peace
Guru I

Peace Out Smiley Happy

Contributor

Definitely stick with the phone!  I switched from an iPhone (where I was getting SICKLY sick of my phone being controled by Apple) to a Curve 8320 a month or so ago.  It took me two hours just to figure out how to listen to the built in ring tones in the phone.  By this time I was fed up with it and I was planning on sending it back and keeping my iPhone (unlocked of course).  But a friend who recommended the BB to me begged me to be patient (I'm not a patient person) and to just take the time to learn how to use the phone.  Well a day later I sold my iPhone for 450 bucks!

Enough said...these are the greatest phones period!  Stick with it, you'll be glad you did.

New Contributor

Thank you for the encouragement.  I will hang in there.  I am not a patient person either and I'm certainly not of the generation who are using electronics naturally.  We didn't even have computers when I was in college!