Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Optus

New "Voice Chat" feature on BBM 7 wont work: says "your voice chat connection cannot be established" when you click on the icon in your own status bar

Hello,

my subject pretty much says it all, but the New "Voice Chat" feature on BBM 7 wont work: says "your voice chat connection cannot be established" when you click on the icon in your own status bar. Very annoying.

My BB OS version is 7.1.0 Bundle 1646 (the latest one) and the BBM is 7.0.0.126 (also the latest one).

Already i have:

1. Contacted my service provider, who advised me to turn off device, pull out the battery and replace and reboot.

2. turned of both WIFI router and phone; then turned both back on

3. done a hard reboot (whip the battery right out without turing off first)

4. pulled out all of my hair

5. screamed loudly in frustration

6. turned to online support in utter despair.

If there is anyone out there who can provide a solution to my problem, i'd be most grateful.

thanks

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: New "Voice Chat" feature on BBM 7 wont work: says "your voice chat connection cannot be established" when you click on the icon in your own status bar

Please have a look on the article KB33102

Hope this will help you..!!

New Contributor

Re: New "Voice Chat" feature on BBM 7 wont work: says "your voice chat connection cannot be established" when you click on the icon in your own status bar

Thanks, but unfortunately not. There seems to be a widespread problem with this error. Our router does not have a firewall and there is no whitelist as such. Cheers
Forums Advisor III

Go to your 'Set up Wifi' on your phone where you see a list of available networks.

Click 'Saved Wifi Networks'

Select the one you're currently connected to and hit Edit

Untick 'Automatically obtain IP address and DNS'

In your computer, which is also under the same Wi-Finetwork  - Go to Start Menu, type cmd and hit Enter to run Command Prompt

Type ipconfig and hit Enter.

Under IPv4 you'll see your IP as something like 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.2xx.x - Type that as it is onto your phone and only replace the digits after the last dot. For example 192.168.1.XXX or 192.168.123.X with any random number/s.

New Contributor

thanks, i tried that also to no avail. We'll get there!! i just hope theres not some silly reason and im wasting everyones time.....

Forums Advisor III

Please have a look on the URL and perfrom given solutions, may help you to come out of the issue..!!

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Downloaded-applications-for/BBM-Voice-Chat/td-p/2084733

New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hello,

When editing Saved WiFi Network Following Detail needs and my point is :

1. Do we need to make / set as " primary

2. Do we need to click SSID broadcast

How to get Following figures:

a. IP Address ( from CMD> ipconfig on computer)

b. Subnet mask : ?

c. Primary DNS: ?

d. Secondary DNS: ?

e. Default gateway address: ( From CMD>ipconfig on computer)

f. Domain suffix?

DO WE NEED TO CLICK " Allow inter-access point handover"

Hope I'm clear.

Krishan Bothra

BB 9900 V7.1.0.923

BBM 7.0.1.23