Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

New to BB, need help on 2 issues

Hello Everyone,

1) I need a bit off help since I'm new to Blackberry. I have an old MSN address, not @Hotmail.com but actually ending on @MSN.com. I have managed to sync all my email addresses even my MSN, however, on the MSN email address I'm able to send messages but not receive. I've read on different threads that; one, you either have to pay extra to use your msn/hotmail account on your BB, or have an OLD msn/hotmail account. But does the fact that I can send emails from that email address already, strike out the the option of having to pay extra to msn. I'm guessing it's already sync, just not receiving the emails correct? I don't know, please help!

2) My second issue is that my work email is ran through Yahoo Small Business, which ends @mycompanyname.com which is set up on my PC at work through Outlook. Anyhow, when I get to my desk and open any emails on the PC, they automatically erase/disappear from my BB. In other words the messages on my PC/Outlook need to be Un-read in order for me to keep them in my BB. It's a little annoying. Is there a fix for this?

Thank you in advance to anyone that helps!

Contributor
My Device: Several

Re: New to BB, need help on 2 issues

Surfdog,

1) Being able to send is not a sure way to see if the e-mail account is setup right.  RIM (or the carrier) actually route outbound e-mail from your device.  You will probably need to move up to a pay account for MSN to work.  MSN makes money off of the ads you are forced to watch when you log onto your MSN account online.  If they allow free account holders to send and receive e-mail without having to see the ads, the business model falls apart. 

2) Once you open the e-mail on your desktop, Yahoo appears to be deleting the copy on its server.  Check with Yahoo and see if there is an option/setting to keep read messages on the server. 

Mark

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: New to BB, need help on 2 issues

about the e-mail issue, i didnt want to pay extra money either, so what i did was i made a Telus mail account (Xaroc@telus.blackberry.com)  and set my hotmail account to Auto Foward to my Blackberry's e-mail that i just made. Problem solved, when the hotmail account gets a new e-mail, your BB account will have it fowarded to within seconds.

for some reason Blackberry's dont like free hotmail accounts Smiley Frustrated