Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 - PB64

New to BBM & would like to start a group

I am new to BB and BBM (2 weeks) and I would like to start a discussion group on BBM. My topic of interest is software measurement and project estimation. I have created a group and named it MeterIT on my BB Bold 9930. But I note there is no list of BBM participants, no list of group, I don't know any user of BB, and I am not known. Therefore I can't see any way of starting my group. Could anybody advise me of the best approach to start and develop such a discussion group? Thanks, Bernard
Bernard
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: New to BBM & would like to start a group

Hi and welcome to the forums blondeix! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101     Tips & Tricks

Perhaps take a stroll around the Social Lounge and you can find some likeminded folks who will join your group.  

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Regular Contributor

Thank you Irwin for the try. But I failed to see any practical orientation in your suggestions (Social has a lot people dissatisfied, and the user-guide I read several times). Let me re-phrase: I am a beginner and would like to start a group in BBM That is, to interest people> What's the best approach? Thanks for your help Bernard
Bernard
Forums Veteran III

Well, if you have you're group set up, then the next step is the find others who might share your interest. You have no list of participants until you invite them to the group via PIN or email message.

I don't hang around the Social lounge, but suggested it as a place you might find others who share your interest. You could start a thread there and maybe someone will reply?
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks Irwinit,

This sounds reasonable enough: as we do not have access to other's PIN or email address, to start by the Social lounge may be the only option.

Is it safe enough to broadcast my PIN code? I mean, am I right to believe that the PIN code is used only for BBM? That is no interference with other apps?

Best regards,

Bernard

Bernard
Forums Veteran III

I don't think that is a good idea to broadcast your pin, but you can use PM's (private messages) to exchange information with other users who want to get into your group. You may also try other  sites or a Google search to locate such users as they all aren't necessarily members here. Smiley Sad
IrwinII