Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BBCurve 8310
Accepted Solution

New to Blackberrys and am feeling lost.

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I just got my Blackberry Curve 8310 today.Most of getting to know this device has gone well with one fairly important exception.

1st there was no user guide included and according to the list of what should be enclosed with the phone there is no users guide that should of come with it.

How do I lock the keys so that they do not accidentally get pushed???

I am sure to most here these sound like a really simple question,but this being my 1st blackberry and the lack of a user guide tends to make a person sound dumb lol

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Message Edited by Sugarnspice on 06-17-2008 09:32 PM
1st time BB owner and I luv it!! =)
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: New to Blackberrys and am feeling lost.

Scroll to the options icon > Security options > General Setting > In here you will see a password function which you can set to lock the handheld after a certain period of time.

Best way to learn your new device is to play with it.

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
cam
My Device: Not Specified

There should be a lock icon on the berry if you click that it will lock the keyboard. Also I think you have changed a setting in the General settings by clicking the wrench Icon and you click security options and you will see general settings click that and you will be able to change the settings to lock the keys when the phone is holstered. ,
My Device: Not Specified

To lock the buttons, push and hold the silver button at the top of your Blackberry, then push again to unlock. User guide can be downloaded from Blackberry website.
New Contributor

bumblepie wrote:

Scroll to the options icon > Security options > General Setting > In here you will see a password function which you can set to lock the handheld after a certain period of time.

Best way to learn your new device is to play with it.

Yep I am figuring that out =) thanks
New Contributor

morris8 wrote:
To lock the buttons, push and hold the silver button at the top of your Blackberry, then push again to unlock. User guide can be downloaded from Blackberry website.

I assume you mean the mute button?

I did find how to lock the device and it works great.Thanks

New Contributor

cam wrote:
There should be a lock icon on the berry if you click that it will lock the keyboard. Also I think you have changed a setting in the General settings by clicking the wrench Icon and you click security options and you will see general settings click that and you will be able to change the settings to lock the keys when the phone is holstered. ,

That worked great.Thanks so much =)