Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

New to Bold ..... 3 questions

Hello .....

#1.  I don't have a data plan with my Bold. I can use my WIFI to pick up on my router at home & it says WIFI along with Edge up at the top. At work, when I log on to the internet using my employer's " guest " wireless service, it's doesn't say WIFI anymore, just Edge. It's my understanding that with WIFI I'm not charged any time, but I'm wondering why it isn't displayed other than Edge then.

#2. The main reason I bought the Bold is that I wanted a devise that can be used to download pictures & videos straight from my outside trail cameras ( that are in the woods ) when I visit them & be viewed then, rather than taking the card from the trailcams back to my laptop & then downloading. The Bold WILL read the cards only if its pictures are on the card. It will NOT recognize videos on the card unless the card is first downloaded to my laptop thru my Desktop Manager. The videos are formated for AVI & I'm wondering & hoping that there is a way for the Bold to recognize this file without having to use the Desktop manager.

On another note, it won't play videos such as youtube or others that have been downloaded on the net ( AVI ).

#3.  My Bold doesn't recieve all emails normally going to my laptop such as those from Yahoo & others as well. It has no problem if I send an email from my main address to myself using my Yahoo address as the accepting address.... it just doesn't recognize another Yahoo address sending anything my way.

Any ideas ??     Thanks !