07-31-2008 06:38 AM
I've had my Curve for a few weeks now. Ive been all up and down the help files as well as Websites and Downloads on my actual Phones Browser. I have a couple questions I was not able to get the answer to.
1) Can I download new Themes for my Curve, and if so, where from. I am with AT&T. I tried the Media Mall and nothing is listed there
2) How do I go about getting different Browsers? The guy at Best Buy set me up with Opera, which Is awesome. I just wanted to experiment a little bit and get a feel for other browsers.
3) Can my BlackBerry Curve run Windows Mobile? If so, how?
Thank you everyone in advance for your time.
07-31-2008 07:18 AM
1. go to "set up wizard" for access to themes
2. I've been told opera it the best for PDA's, but have not tryed others
3. you definitely do not want windows mobil . it is so unstable and problem prone. That's why Many people (like me) switched to BB.
07-31-2008 05:57 PM
To download a theme I recommend themes4bb.com. It has tons of themes. But may I suggest you just look for the themes with an OTA link. That's an "over the air" download. Meaning you download it from the site right to your phone. Unless you are pretty good at computers downloading it to your desktop seems complicated. You first have to download it, then unzip it, and create folders and the send it to your phone. It seems like a lot of work. But I usually use opera mini to browse the web but I can't download OTA from opera mini it sends me to my BB browser but then I get an error message. So what I usually do is browse from opera mini, find a theme a like and then go to my BB browser to the site to download it. If you still need help please feel free to ask me.
As far as any different browsers, I personally don't know of any but I would love to try others if they are out there.