Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange
Accepted Solution

Newbie needs help with sims and pins!

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it.  I got a Torch last night on Orange and having a bit of trouble with it.  I got a message asking if I wanted to apply device settings, so I pressed Yes and it's asking for a 'PIN I should have been supplied with'.  How do I get this PIN?  I think it's 4 numbers long.

Also, I have another Orange Sim card which I want to use for the time being.  The guy in the shop told me I would be able to put this sim in and use the phone as nornal.  However, I've found that many of the applications (BBM, Facebook, etc) won't work with my original sim and will only work with the one supplied with the phone.  Is this right?  Or is that what the 'device settings' sort out?  Other than that I'm loving my new phone.  Thanks in advance!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Newbie needs help with sims and pins!

The BlackBerry Data Plan will be connected to only one phone number (or SIM) at a time.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

hey and welcome to the forums

every blackberry device has a pin number which serves as an identification you can fin your pin from "options" the "status"

bbm and facebook and many other apps all rely on a data plan called blackberry internet service which should be activated on a sim card by calling its carrier. if your other sim card works on the phone but has no data plan activated you can call your carrier to activate it so you can enjoy many other features.

hope that helps.

enjoy your new device.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks to you both for explaining the data plan thing to me, the guy in the shop didn't explain that!!

I'm a little confused omxter on how to find my PIN, sorry for being so stupid.  I went to Options in the main menu, but it only gave me my BBM pin, which i copied into the field, but it would only allow numbers and said it was incorrect.  How do I get to find it?  Many thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

the PIN it is probably referring to is the SIM card pin - normally set as a default to 0000 or 1234 but this should be on the paperwork you got with the SIM/phone.

Might be best to give Orange a phone as it you enter it incorrectly 3 times you will lock the phone.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Etisalat Egy.

thats right i think that means the sim card pin ....you have to call the carrier to find it cause a "maximum number of attempts" does exist and will lock your phone.

1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the white star in the black box to the left of the post.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

On Tmobile US, the SIM PIN is four digits and is the same PIN you give Tmobile to access your tmobile account when you call in for access to your account.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code