Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie needs help :)

Hi all,

I have to say this forum is phenomenal!!  I was able to figure out how to stop the sent mail from being sent to my curve through your help!

Now I have 2 questions which I haven't been able to find a solution...

The first, gmail on my device (through BIS not the gmail client) is not synched with the gmail on my computerOpen or closed and no matter how longIf I read something on my berry I still have to go to my computer at some point and mark as read and vice versa.  

The second, when I go to messages and send email, it pulls from my address book on the berry not gmailDo I really have to go through and add all the email addresses to the address book on the berry in order to use themThese seem like things that should have easy fixes, maybe I'm stupid, or I just haven't searched hard enough Smiley Happy

Thanks so much in advance!!  

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Newbie needs help :)

First of all... Welcome to the world of Blackberries!

To answer your first question, there is no way to sync your read items on your Blackberry with Gmail or any other e-mail account that I know of.

In resepomse to your second question, yes there is an easier way. You have to export all your contacts from Gmail into Microsoft Outlook and the import them into your Blackberry.

I hope this helps. If you need directiond on how to import/export, please do not hesitate to ask.