Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 OS 6.0.0.43
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Newbie to syncing

I know, it's kind of frustrating....I can do everything up until I need to select the "calendar" box on the organizer page.

HS Brubaker
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

So when you go into Summary on the left side you can't click the 4 checkboxes there. That's fine. You need to go into the Configure Settings button an the bottom. On that screen you can check the boxes and change the settings for each of those.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry® Torch™ 9800
My Carrier: ATT

I don't know if this will help, but I had similar problems syncing when I first got the Torch

You need to update your Blackberry settings. On the device (not on the Desktop Manager) go to Options -> Advanced Settings -> Default Services and select the email account for Outlook as your default calendar.

For some reason it selects other services, like Google or Facebook for the calendar by default.

After updating these settings on the device, you can go to Organizer -> Configure Settings on the Desktop manager and it should allow you to configure Calendar Sync this time.

Try this and see if it helps.  It' worked for me!!!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as checking the boxes in the Settings menu on Desktop software, I have done that numerous times.  I still cannot see any of my calendar data on the phone.

HS Brubaker
Contributor

[ Edited ]

But when I go to Options on the device itself, there is NO Advanced settings option.  So I cannot change this calendar at all on the device.

HS Brubaker
Contributor

I go into the calendar and click on options and it says Facebook in there but I cannot change it to anything else, there is no Avanced settings menu.

HS Brubaker
Highlighted
Elite I

On the 9800 it's under Options | Device | Advanced System Settings | Default Services

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

Thank you!  I got into Default Services but there is nothing showing up but a blank screen.  Does this mean that I don't have the ability to sync?  Like, is it something with my plan or something?

HS Brubaker
Contributor

Holy **bleep** I'm getting really frustrated now....

In Default Settings there is a blank screen.

Then I connect the Torch to the comuter, it does it's back up and now I can't get the backup screen to get off of my computer.....What the heck is going on here?

HS Brubaker
Elite I

Do you have an email account setup on the device? If an email account is setup then it should be showing up on that screen. Is it still stuck on that screen even after it's unplugged from the computer? Try pulling the battery and putting it back in.