Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800 OS 6.0.0.43
My Carrier: AT&T

Newbie to syncing

I am trying to sync my Torch to my work computer Outlook 2007.  Computer is running Windows 7.  I keep doing what the desktop software tells me to do, and it looks as if there is a sync going on, but then when I look at my calendar on the Torch there is nothing new.  When I specify Outlook profile the only one available is "Outlook."  Is there supposed to be one that actually has my name, as in my email address?  Help?!  I am new to all of this and really want to have that calendar sync'd, it is pretty much one of the biggest reasons I got this phone.  Thanks!

HS Brubaker
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Newbie to syncing

The "Outlook" that you're referring to refers to the name of your Outlook profile. So if that is called Outlook then that's fine. You can check by going into Control Panel | Mail | Show Profiles to see what the name is.

You followed the steps here in this KB article?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB17022

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Contributor

Thanks for your help, but the screen shots you have displayed are different from mine.  I have done the steps that the desktop software tells me to do, but again, still not working.

HS Brubaker
Contributor

Also, when I come to the last step where I'm supposed to click on "calendar" to get it to go.....the desktop software is not allowing me to check any boxes.

HS Brubaker
Elite I

Which version of the Desktop Manager are you using?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Contributor

I am not sure....Does 6.0.0.43 make sense?

HS Brubaker
Elite I

OK. So you're following these steps but you can't check the boxes?

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB23681

On the "Summary" section on the left side does it show you're device as being connected to the computer?

Contributor

Yes, the device is connected.

HS Brubaker
Contributor

Also, I'm looking at the link you sent, and when I look at the "Additional Info" and it discusses turning Off the wireless capability, none of those options are even available.  Like I go into my calendar, click menu then options and there is nothing there that tells me anything about wireless. 

I am connecting via the USB cable, so I thought maybe trying to turn off the wireless would work, but I can't do it, not the way that link says to.  I am finding that a lot of the stuff that is published about the phone is not accurate, at least when it comes to my phone LOL....It's probably something I'm doing.

HS Brubaker
Visitor
My Device: Blacktorch 9800

I have same problem and none of the centers seems to know anything about the Torch.