Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

Newbie with a question...No signal concern. Thanks in advance. 28

Hello to all, hope you can answer my question. I just purchased a new Unlocked BB Curve 8320. I have cell service through Cellular One, I know they were bought out by at/t but my service and Sim card are both still Cellular One. I charged the phone, inserted sim card and got ready roll. The phone finctions/apps etc are all working perfectly. But, I do not have a signal, the phone obviously isnt recog nizing my sim card. It displays no mobile service. I check signal/service status and it says, mobile service not conected. My other phone has perfect signal strength as do all the other cells in the house so i know its not a signal issue, the phone clearly isnt recognizing the sim card. Is there anything i can do settings wise or theought the phone to make it recognize the sim card????? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much. #28

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Re: Newbie with a question...No signal concern. Thanks in advance. 28

Hi and welcome to the forums boomer! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit:    Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

See this knowledge base article:    "No Signal" status

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Newbie with a question...No signal concern. Thanks in advance. 28

Hi boomer28,

Welcome to BlackBerry support community forums. Try the SIM Card that is working in your other device. If that too doesn't work then I think you would be better of if you consider changing the device.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit