Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Telefonica de Argentina (Movistar)

Nice Office for Blackberry - Can't recover contacts list from Blackberry Protect

Yesterday I had my device #8520 to repeared, so I clean their contents before let it in the service shop. After few hours, they return my BB to me, and I'd tried to recover its content via Blackberry Protect. I could recover almost everything but NOT the contacts list, because BB Protect screen said: "This data had been synchronized already in wireless mode, within a remotre service, and Blackberry Protect doesn't be able to recovered it"

I'm sure this is because Nice Office synchronization. But, when I added the device in the Nice Office web, it said "pending", and then I went to my BB, go to the link to jar file, I execute it, but the Nice Office Icon DOESN'T APPEARS within the Download icons, the place where use to be. If I went to "Accounts" or "Journals" in my device, it said "please register your device on the nice Office website". I think I did it, but it always said "pending".

Could you help me please? Moreover I'm afraid the possibility to lost all the contacts, that until now, appears in the Nice Office website (almost 2.000!)

In brief, I can't recover contacts list from Blackberry Protect, and I can't reinstall Nice Office either.

Thank you in advance

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Nice Office for Blackberry - Can't recover contacts list from Blackberry Protect

glagomarsino,

I have had this problem on my 8530 since protect was released. I judged that since it was a BlackBerry app it would be a superior app and used it rather that LookOut since Lookout would no longer support BlackBerry.

I have not had any contact from RIM about this issue and i am considering moving to a Droid OS when I am due my $150 credit for anew phone in mid April.

I have had 3 apps in 2011 state they are no longer supporting RIM; Starbucks, LookOut, & Mr.Number. All of which i had used daily.

It seems RIM is on life support and will soon be dead and burried.

Regards,
GPSIS