Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: blackberry
My Carrier: many

Re: No 3G option on my curve 9360

ok buddy the original question

Pls, I use a curve 9360 phone with a default carrier of T mobile which I had to jailbreak to use my local network. But since then the only available network mode is 2G and '3G & 2G'. I don't av d 3G only option even though my OS is 7.1. And I have people around me using the same model but have the option on theirs. Pls what can I do to change to & remain on 3G only. Thanks

that is the software question that i laid out to you....if you dont know the answer just say so geeez......

Contributor

with or without a sim your answer is still wrong the question has nothing to do with the service but rather the software on the phone so....if you dont know the answer just say so dont keep spewing off about everything but 

without a sim card      this is completely a software question which you werent able to figure out on your own so yes you are ignorant on this toppic 

without  a sim card in a tmobile blackberry 9360 or 9300 doesnt matter 

select either open tray or maximize panel depending on the model 

then scroll down to manage connections

select networks and connections then mobile network on the 9360

or select mobile network options on the 9300

then scroll down to network mode and change selection available options are 2g or 2&3g and the question is....is it possible to add 3g only like other identical phones

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

boydz wrote:

ok buddy the original question

boydz wrote:

im sorry this may be an old question/comment.....but honestly did you even understand the question when you answered?.....blackberry phones depending on how they are configured alow for network selection of 2g 2&3g and 3g some do 2g and 2&3g some do 2&3g and 3g some do all 3......the person is wondering how you bring up the 3g only option there....as these options are completely irrelevant to the type of signal the person can receive on their phone and is rather a setting on the phone i can only gather you didnt understand the question and enjoy trying to make people feel dumb 

boydz, I'v reviewed your original post above and you never asked a question, you made some statements about the original poster and then started off a diatribe to attack me. There is no question, not even a question mark.

boydz wrote:

Pls, I use a curve 9360 phone with a default carrier of T mobile which I had to jailbreak ..

Is yours ALSO a Tmobile USA device?(and by the way, you cannot "jailbreak" BlackBerrys, that is an iOS term that the kiddos use and it doesn't apply to BlackBerrys. I am certain you will want to argue that point also). BlackBerrys are "unlocked" from the branded carrier. Simple as that. No jailbreaking involved.

boydz wrote:

to use my local network.

Who is your local network?
Do you mean by that, the SIM card you have inserted? Whose SIM card?

boydz wrote:

that is the software question that i laid out to you....if you dont know the answer just say so geeez......

No, you've been demanding an answer regarding NO SIM card inserted.

If you can please answer my questions above, I'd be glad to answer you. Factually.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

as for your comment

Perhaps you do NOT understand that the TmobileUSA model of this device has the 3G bands particular only to the Tmobile's USA network, and the 3G hardware in their model device is not usable in other parts of the world (except on WIND in Canada, I believe).

i have a tmobile phone which yes uses the exact same frequencies as wind mobile which is one of several carriers im using right now....yes i am using wind mobile with a tmobile phone and the 3g only option on the tmobile phone does not magically appear but on an identical phone programed by another network it is there.....so software....do you have an answer cause im looking for the same **bleep** one which you have yet to answer

so....do you want to answer the question or just discredit yourself as a "RESIDENT EXPERT"

boydz wrote:

....is it possible to add 3g only like other identical phones

Open yours up and you tell me. You have it in your hand there with you?

What's the answer?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

boydz wrote:

so....do you want to answer the question or just discredit yourself as a "RESIDENT EXPERT"

No, on WIND mobile SIM card in the TMobileUSA device, you will not get the 3G only option.

You will have 2G and 3G. but not 3G alone.

Settled now?

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

the question is can you add it?.....as the tmobile phone was not originally software programed with it....and you and i both know people have been hacking all aspects of phones since the begining of the phone....so again is it possible with what ever program or by any means to change the software to add.....yes ADD the 3g only option....everyone knows its not there right now which is why we are ASKING CAN IT BE ADDED?

Contributor

im guessing by the length of time since your last answer you have no idea

boydz wrote:

the question is can you add it?.....

That I do not know the answer to.

That option can and will change with carrier controls via the SIM card placed in it and OS releases. Perhaps an upcoming OS release and the right SIM card may enable the "3G Only" option.

Can it be added "now", as in today? I don't think so. If you see that it can be on WIND, please let  us know.

Knowledge Base Updates

boydz wrote:

im guessing by the length of time since your last answer you have no idea

Wow. No. I actually was checking with the resources I have.

You really are a joy to be around.

Knowledge Base Updates