Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

GeneralIx wrote:

Dear Xandrex,

It isn't that it is "just" app world that doesn't work, it's the signal that the company gives you. I like my BlackBerry quite a lot, the agenda function is great, the mailing service is great, and it generally is a good device. However, when I buy such an expensive smartphone, I do expect it to work flawlessly

hello again,

I understand your point of view. I respect it. And my intent is neither to convince you nor persuade you.

But you are basically saying "I will never buy this car brand because because I don't like the wheel cover". I am reminding you that you can change them. And that the quality of a car maker is not reduced to the quality of its wheel covers.

That being said, If you decide to never buy RIM just for the sole reason that one service among hundreds (AppWorld) is not on par with competition, well, you are the customer after all.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Hi

Let me put it differently:

If you'd buy a 100k BMW M5, and the wheelcovers would fall off, and wouldn't have any chance of contacting the BMW company with your complaint, and they wouldn't come up with a solution very quickly, wouldn't you think about switching to Mercedes? Would you say, well, there are other wheelcover manufacturers as well?

Now this phone isn't 100k, but the point remains: when paying a lot of money, you don't want to switch applications, you want them to work. So yes, for that matter the quality of the wheelcovers (and service more specifically) do define the quality of the product. A chain is just as strong as its weakest link.

I would just very much like to see BlackBerry getting its products up to par with their image and the competion for that matter, or they might just lose another customer yet.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Xandrex, I don't know if you're deliberately being dumb, but I can see quite plainly that GeneralIx and others are NOT saying "I will never buy this car brand because because I don't like the wheel cover".

What is being complained about is that the company is supplying faulty software, offers no direct way to report the problem, is not being quick to come up with a solution, is eventually coming up with temporary solutions that are not documented accurately and so on.

What is being complained about is a lack of quality control and an absence of good customer service.

Can you not see this?

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

HI,

Im wondering if anyone can give me some help. last week i upgraded my app world to .60. since then it has disappeared from my phone. when i try to download it again from the blackberry website it says that i already have it on my phone and do i want to replace it. so i click to replace as cant find it on my phone and the download keeps failing. i am not very technical at all so i really need some help with this.

thanks

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

That is indeed very odd... A lot of people had this problem with .58, but .60 seems to have solved that (for me, anyways). There wasn't a solution at the time for this, apart from being able to go back to .56, which was still on the Blackberry website. I'm not sure if it's still there, then you can try that - go to http://www.blackberry.com/appworld on your phone and download appworld from there and see which version it wants to install.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm still getting the "software not found" message (mentioned above) after I select the language. Help!
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

I also upgraded my Curve 9330 Blackberry App world this morning and the App World icon was gone.  PANIC...Thanks to all on here who took the time to find out what worked for you.  This worked for me:

I went to this site http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/download.jsp  downloaded the App world for my software, Replaced the App World on there which was the same, rebooted.  then Restarted App World and it read all the Apps previously installed. 

I also had the BB AppWorld Link download emailed to my email address so I can either save it to my computer in case it happens again or save it on the BB to download from email. Happy with the version it downloaded.  Won't worry about any upgrades for now...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Paul_Lautman wrote:

Xandrex, I don't know if you're deliberately being dumb, but I can see quite plainly that GeneralIx and others are NOT saying "I will never buy this car brand because because I don't like the wheel cover".

What is being complained about is that the company is supplying faulty software, offers no direct way to report the problem, is not being quick to come up with a solution, is eventually coming up with temporary solutions that are not documented accurately and so on.

What is being complained about is a lack of quality control and an absence of good customer service.

Can you not see this?

what you write is true : there is lack of quality control about one application named BlackBerry AppWorld, and there is absence of good customer service for the same application.

So this can lead to "I do not want to use BlackBerry AppWorld anymore".

And certainly not to "I do not want to use a BlackBerry smartphone anymore", which is what several people in the past weeks have written here. There may be other reasons why people do not want to use a BlackBerry smartphone, but the people who say it is solely because of AppWorld are having a very reduced vision of what a BlackBerry smartphone is.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Orange

I used to have a very outdated version of appworld then I got v3.1.0.56 then v3.1.0.60.I never knew a .58 release was made.
Sent on a Blackberry Curve 9300 or with OS 6.0.0.600 or PC.
Carrier is Orange.
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 3G
My Carrier: Orange

I have a curve 9300 3G with os 6.
Sent on a Blackberry Curve 9300 or with OS 6.0.0.600 or PC.
Carrier is Orange.