Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

Good morniing JSanders, your right cause I have tried that link & others and nothing I even got a new phone, same thing. Nothing works
Solutions: 6,380
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Llubin3 wrote:
Good morniing JSanders, your right cause I have tried that link & others and nothing I even got a new phone, same thing. Nothing works

Well, as I've asked, let's get some more information other than "nothing works".

• What country are in you?
  • What Tmobile carrier, UK, DE, USA or ?
  • What is your Operating System loaded to your device? Look at Options > Device > About, third line down beginning with a "v.6.0.x.xxx", What is yours?
  • Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan, or using WiFi connections only?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: bold 3
My Carrier: rim

Thanks I went back to version 55, but hello this app is suppose to be created for blackberry how come that you cannt use something done for bb and to download stuff for bb that an update will make your phone collapse. That is why the competition are stronger with the Iphone and samsung. Still a lot of issues to bring up to RIM. Im not planning to change but it is a shame this things keep happening
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

This is happening because RIM has decided to have almost no upgrades for old devices (OS5 remains OS5 for example), making it difficult for RIM to change completely. App World for example has to continue existing for 4.5 devices like the Curve 8300, whereas the OS4.5 does not contain all that is required today in AppWorld 4 for OS5/6/7.

And OS6/7 contain features that would be nice to use but only if all devices are at least OS6, which will never be the case.

If I recall correctly, when Google replaced their application store by today's version (Google Play), many one Android versions were simply left out.

Version .55 is not hell, it's just that for some users, they will suffer some minor bugs, or missing some features.

I don't know how fast the AppStore is updated, but I believe RIM has done so far quite a good job for a young store. I know Competition is ahead, from a calendar perspective, but it's not bad.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: at & t

Upgraded my app world to version 4.0.0.65 through my browser, rebooted my torch 9800 running on os 6.0 bundle 278. After rebooting, my app world couldn't be found. I checked application management and I found it there but its icon is not on my home screen or anywhere. I need help. Plss. I'm in nigeria. ah
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: t-mobile

Good luck on that Onyechefaith10. There NOT a cure. I have been on here hoping the same. I have the same phone, same OS 6.0 bundle 278 & asked everyone. Like I said good luck!

onyechefaith10 wrote:
Upgraded my app world to version 4.0.0.65 through my browser, rebooted my torch 9800 running on os 6.0 bundle 278. After rebooting, my app world couldn't be found. I checked application management and I found it there but its icon is not on my home screen or anywhere. I need help. Plss. I'm in nigeria. ah

you can download an older working version of AppWorld v4.0.0.55.

http://mobileapps.blackberry.com/devicesoftware/entry.do?code=appworld3

This has been posted multiple times in this thread as the current workaround. Please read this thread

Good luck!

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Llubin3 wrote:
Good luck on that Onyechefaith10. There NOT a cure. I have been on here hoping the same. I have the same phone, same OS 6.0 bundle 278 & asked everyone. Like I said good luck!

Llubin3, ou're simply wrong. I have tried to help you, and less than two days ago I asked you very specific questions in a (vain) attempt to assist you in getting yours working, but you've refused to answer those questions.

My suggestion now, please allow other users to get assistance without your negative and false information. Because you have not been satisfied does not equate to others' issues not being resolved... because they are.

And if you do decide to be cooperative and allow us to assist you, please scroll up 4-5 posts and read the information I need. Thank you.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: at & t

Thanks,man

onyechefaith10 wrote:
Thanks,man

You're welcome. Please post back with your results or if you need further assistance.

Knowledge Base Updates