Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

I have a 9650 6.0 Bundle 1741 (v6.0.0.431, platform 4.4.0.315) and made the mistake of upgrading App World to version 2.1.2.19. Installing OS 5 would be a downgrade for me, as none of the various other solutions has worked. Truth be told, version 6 sux because they messed with the interface and as a result, finding things in Options is no longer an easy task.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Here's what worked for me. I went to this website via my Blackberry's browser, and downloaded/installed and got my App World icon back: http://mobile.blackberry.com
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

uclakb wrote:
Truth be told, version 6 sux because they messed with the interface and as a result, finding things in Options is no longer an easy task.

if you switch from OS5 to OS6, you can simply use the universal search and type in the name of your option to find it. No more going through 4 screens to get to the option you want.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodacom

Thanks, going to mobile.blackberry.com and installing appworld from there worked for me as well.
New Contributor
My Device: 8230
My Carrier: Telus mobility

thank you!!!!!!! has been very frustrating!!!!!!!!!

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

my cousin bought the blackberry curve off ebay a few months ago,it was on vodafone she got it unlocked and now uses o2, she has the latest version 5, she has her icon and that, but she cant log into her blackberry app world, keeps telling her there is an error. how can she fix this, as it used to work but just stoped, she hasnt updraded her fone as it wont let her log into updrade, we did upgrade a few things thro the computer but it never helpd

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9650
My Carrier: verizon

[ Edited ]

I got a new download available message for App World and downloaded it earlier this morning. The handset restarted but the app can't be found on the set at all. Next I went to the website and did a USB download direct to the handset. Same restart but the app is still no where to be found. I can't believe I am the only one that is having this problem.

Verizon Bold 9650

OS 6.0.0.524

Trusted Contributor

Just opened BDM and checked my applications list. The list shows the new version of AW so why can't it be found on the handset?
Trusted Contributor

I tried that first thing but it refused to download from that site. That's when I went to the BDM
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: etisalat

hi everyone

I'm having the same problem. I just bought a blackberry curve 9300 a few days ago. I then received an update notice yesterday from my mobile asking if I wanted to update App world to the latest version. I chose to update, but after the update was finished, the App world icon disappeared.

I tried reinstalling from the mobile via the browser, and also tried connecting the mobile to my desktop and reinstall App world, but both didn't help in bringing back the icon

Please can anyone help?