Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: No App World icon exists after upgrading your App World application

hello rajivtro,

AppWorld 2.1 is still available for OS 4.5.
AppWorld 3.0 is available for OS5 OS6 OS7.

so I suggest you verify your 8100 is using 4.5, and once that is done, install AppWorld by using your BlackBerry browser and going to http://appworld.blackberry.com/ .

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I

here are the requirements for AppWorld :
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/download.jsp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
My Device: 8350iBlackBerrycurveNextel
My Carrier: Sprint

To ashish0683. You need remember the help you ask for is being from. Support community forums and this people take there time and effort to help each one of us and you need to keep your word down to a good manner not cussing or blaming the BlackBerry Phones you are disrespected us and them and if you'll be patience and read it out before you get upset your relaize that you have mess something go back and read. Believe me I have bough apps too so you ant the only one! So please keep respect others and our teachers or forums that they give and remember. They wouldn't have this. Group. If they didn't know what the Support Community IS it all about team work! So please watch your words out of your mouth thank you debra waters
New Contributor
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: Bell

Same problem exists on my Tour 9630 running OS  5.00.230. Have read tech bulletin and honestyl don't find it very helpful. "This is a previously reported issue that has been escalated internally to our development team. No resolution time frame is currently available."

Currently am excluded from obtaining 'free apps' offered by BB for service outage and I therefore consider that my phone is deprived of full functionallity. Sorry BB but will have to consider other device. 

Guru I

@deroquebrune
you can use the web plugin and install apps from AppWorld through your PC.

New Contributor
My Device: tour 9630
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks for your reply. Tried thru the web but the site just hangs. Don't really feel that it is  a good idea to downgrade operating system... but thanks for the info.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

I have a Curve 9300, running OS 6 and this morning updated my App World from 3.1.0.56 to 3.1.0.58, but then the AppWorld icon also disappeared, although it still shows as installed. I checked on the mobile website to try install it again from there, but it says that it wants to replace 3.1.0.58 with 3.1.0.56.... I'm deleting it now and will try to install it again and see, hopefully I'll cme right, but this is a warning to others - there have been many issues this last week with the latest releases of AppWorld...

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Hi thysb,

I have exactly the same problem.

I'm fairly new to Blackberry. How do you see that it is still installed? The only way that I knew was to go to the app world and click on my world.

Also, how do you install from the mobile webste (where is this site}?

Maybe installing 3.1.0.56 is the best thing  do.

TIA

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9300 Curve
My Carrier: Vodacom SA

If you go to your Options, Application Management you should see it in there. You can also delete it from there or by using the Desktop software. To install from the web, browse to appworld.blackberry.com on your phone and follow the links from there. Currently it is still 3.1.0.56, but I don't know for how long. My downgrade worked fine, my icon is back with 56 installed again...
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Many many thanks thysb for your prompt and excellent reply. It came up with a java error after download, but it still successfully installed and my icon is back. I didn't even have to remove the 3.1.0.58 version first.