Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Virgin Media

No BB services.

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I really hope someone can help us.

My Mother recently upgraded her phone from a BB Curve 9300 to a 9320. She stayed with the same provider but swapped tarrifs.

As soon as they swapped tarrifs she has now lost all her BB services, BBM, emails the lot!

She contacted the service provider and they have had her send a request to the host routing table. After 2 days of this not working they then noticed her BB services were showing as 'inactive' on the screen. The carrier then put it to 'pending'.
However another 24 hours came and went and after another phone call they told her its now gone back to 'inactive'.
As a result they sent her a new Sim saying it could be a corruption with the Sim card.

The new Sim card was activated and yet she is still without her BB services.

We have tried the Sim card in her old BB to make sure it wasn't the phone and the BB services were still inactive on the old BB so its safe to say its not the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

- we have tried the following:

Sending a request to the host routing table 10 times.
Rebouting around 25 times.
Trying to register the BB with the service provider
None have worked.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: No BB services.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately, this can only be resolved by the carrier. If they need additional help, they can escalate formally to BlackBerry. No one here has any "behind the scenes" access to see why this is not working.

Until the device registers to the carrier network, no BB services have any hope of functioning. You need to be escalating with the carrier...insist they resolve this. Consider -- she pays them for 100% of her services, and as such they are responsible for 100% of her formal service-related support. At the moment, they seem to be delivering neither.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Q5
My Carrier: Virgin Media

Re: No BB services.

[ Edited ]

Hi Sdgardne,

Thank you for your speedy response!

I feared this was going to be the answer. She asked them if her device was registered (as it says otherwise when she tried to register online) and according to her provider ( Virgin Media) she is registered and so is her BB services but then in the next breath they are saying its 'inactive' on their screen.

I will be ringing them on behalf of her tomorrow but the thought of waiting for 4 hours in a queue for Technical Support is putting me off.

I will ask about them escalating the problem to Blackberry.

Thanks again!

Amy.