Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

DTB
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

No Browser icon on my Bold 9700 menu

I have just been given a Bold 9700 handset issued originally by Vodafone. The handset has now been unlocked and I can make calls with my T-Mobile sim card. However, I realised that there is no Browser icon on the menu list. Likewise, Facebook, Twitters etc.

I have spent over 3 hours talking to T-Mobile support on the phone with no luck.

I wonder if anyone can get me out of my mystery.

Kind regards.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: No Browser icon on my Bold 9700 menu

[ Edited ]

While on your homescreen, press the menu key and see if Unhide All appears.  If it does, click it and your icons should appear.  If that doesn't appear, you might have to reload your OS. 

This is how to do that:

Plug your phone into your PC via USB and open Desktop Manager.  Click on Device>Update Device.  A prompt will open that will tell you your software is up to date.  There will also be a button that says See Previous Versions.  Click that.  Make sure the check mark is beside the version you're currently running and click Update.

Once your phone reboots, everything that should be on your phone will appear.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 6.0 v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.526
My Carrier: Att--Battery Pulling is a Temporary Fix; CURRENT APPS: Blackberry Protect, Dropbox, Memory Up Pro, Poynt, Google Maps,BBmessenger, Memory Booster, Bebuzz, BB App World, Facebook, Screen Capture

Hello!

The browser can be resent to the device easily. 1st make sure you delete the current browser service books in case they are corrupted.

Go to >>Options..advanced option..service books...delete the browser service books in the list as shown below

CLICK SETTINGS>>>>>>>

browser.jpg

CLICK OPTIONS>>>>>>>>>>>

browser1.jpg

CLICK ADVANCED OPTIONS>>>>>>>>>>>>

browser2.jpg

CLICK SERVICE BOOK>>>>>>>>>>>

browser3.jpg

SCROLL DOWN AND LOOK FOR BLACKBERRY INTERNET BROWSING SERVICE

browser4.jpg

CLICK MENU KEY AND CLICK DELETE>>>>>>>>>

browser5.jpg

CLICK YOUR BACK BUTTON THEN SCROLL DOWN TO "HOST ROUTING TABLE" THEN CLICK

browser6.jpg

CLICK MENU KEY THEN CLICK "REGISTER NOW"

browser7.jpg

This will re register the device and it will automatically resend the browser service book to ur device and you should see the icon show up again. The browser is controlled by the network, you should never try to delete it or tamper with the application that controls it. Good luck.

-Brian

1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star Kudos Button below the post which helped you..

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
DTB
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Dear Billj

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I got as far as being told my software is update, but there was no other  button that says See Previous Versions.

So I could not go any further.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8110
My Carrier: att

ok,l first try to register

options - device - advanced system settings - host routing table - menu key - register now

if that does not work and you do not have view other versions you can download and install correct device software and then reload after it is installed..to find correct software go http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp

select your carrier and go from there

Elite II

Okay DTB, it could be "show other versions" or "show previous versions", I'm not sure because I'm not near my Desktop Manager.

It could be that you're running an older version of Desktop Manager.  The current one is 6.0.??.  If yours is anything older than that (you can find the version by clicking the question mark in the top right corner and selecting "about Desktop Manager"), you should upgrade it.

To do so, go to www.blackberry.com and click "Apps & Software" at the top of the page.

I have to say, having the option to reinstall your OS with the click of a button is almost essential, so I'd recommend looking into getting that option available.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor

Bill, sometimes the option is simply not there even on 6.0.2 dts..especially if bb user is on business enterprise server(pretty much always if on BES)

Elite II

That may be, and I believe I'm reaching here, but I like to exhaust all possibilities.  Smiley Happy

Thanks for your input!  Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

i completely understand that, even if no view other versions available, with installed device software an os reinstall would be available(always)

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300 6.0 v6.0.0.526, platform 6.6.0.526
My Carrier: Att--Battery Pulling is a Temporary Fix; CURRENT APPS: Blackberry Protect, Dropbox, Memory Up Pro, Poynt, Google Maps,BBmessenger, Memory Booster, Bebuzz, BB App World, Facebook, Screen Capture

Ok you guys, i'm going to try to help by providing my input here on how to "reinstall the O.S."

Connect your data cable to your computer and device.

Then get the Blackberry Desktop Manager up and running

Once you have it running it should automaticly back up your device. If it doesn't, Then on the main screen shown below, click "Back up Now"

cap1.PNG

Now we are going to reinstall your Operating System.  But first, make sure you have a full charge, otherwise it could damage your device if it is interupted.

Next, at the top left click device as shown below.

cap2.PNG

Then, scroll down and click "Update

Next, it will tell you that there are no updates.  Click "View Other Versions" as show below

cap3.PNG

Next, it will list your current O.S. that has a check mark,  as well as previous versions. Keep the check mark where it is on your current O.S.

cap4.PNG

Then Click "Install"

Then make sure you have the check mark for"Back Up Device Data" Which will restore all of your data and settings after the install, as shown below.

cap5.PNG

And there you go. Any prooblems please don't hesitate to contact me.  Have a great day!

-Brian

1. Please give Kudos by clicking the Kudos star Kudos Button below the post which helped you..

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!