Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: No Circuit/Channel Available????

I have an unlocked BlackBerry Storm 9530 on the T-mobile network in the US and 5 updated to the new OS about a month ago. I had no problems with the no circuit/channel available issue. You have to make sure that in your mobile network under technology that you have it set to GSM/UMTS and under network mode you have it set to either 3G & 2G or 2G. Don't set it to 3G only.  This is a very simple setting and requires no extra steps or going in and replacing anything in the software on your desktop manager.

By default when you update it wants to set the mobile network as global.I have also posted this info on the T-mobile support forums.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

as I know, for the bb storm2 9550, there's only 1 official OS for it, which is the 5.0.0.320. I do have the same problem though, can anyone help please? D:  

my phone is a brandnew unlocked blackberry storm 2 9550, It worked fine when I was at home, but when I moved to my school, I am unable to make or take calls, "no circuit/channel available" 

Texting still works though. I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON T_T

My Device: 9530 BLACKBERRY
My Carrier: TMOBILE

I am having trouble following you on this...I am using Windows 7 and can't seem to figure out how to get to the Apploader directory to make any changes as you've suggested.  Don't know if this will even help me with my problem.  I unlocked my Storm 9530 and it works perfectly at home and in various parts of the city.  However, when I'm at work, I can't make calls or receive any.  I get the same thing everybody else has reported, "No Circuit/Channel.  Called T-Mobile and we were both online looking for fixes.  No luck!! Any suggestions???

New Contributor
My Device: sotrm 9530
My Carrier: t-mobile

[ Edited ]

I have an unlocked storm 9530 that was working fine ( voice, text and email ) on T-Mobile network until the OS on the phone was updated to the most recent one 5.0.0.328. Since then, no calls can be made and the error message No Circuit/Channel Available shows on the screen. The sim card is good, and T-Mobile is recognized by the phone as the carrier. I also made sure that mobile network is GSM/UMTS and 2G as your post suggests but still I get the same error message. 

Any suggestions?

New Contributor
My Device: sotrm 9530

How can I revert to the older OS (4.7) ?

I would appreciate the advice.

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 2 9550 v.451

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

First post  here. I recently purchased an unlocked 9550 running on stock os.320. The phone worked great for me when i purchased it. Then came Monday and it was off to work for me. About ten miles into the fifteen mike trip i decided to make a call. I received the dreaded No Circut/Chanel message. I read hours of post on line to find a fix....all the os upgrades were a bit confusing(to me anyway). I tried the new sim card, new manage connection options, battery pulls ect...none worked. Finally i decided to download .451 for my storm 2 9550. I did not use my desktop manager, i ran it through its own exe file. it was very easy! Well now i can happily say the phone works great every where i go! Plus it holds EDGE all the time, the battery life is way better to. Believe it when "they" say its an os problem with the unlocked phones. Its free so i'd suggest giving it a try if you want to enjoy this wonderful phone!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

crackberry.com/official-os-5-0-0-517-blackberry-storm-2-9550-released-sasktel

This official release from SaskTel fixes the problem, Just installed and it works fine ^^ .

Follow the instruction from the link below to update your OS.

crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-install-or-upgrade-new-rim-blackberry-operating-system-os

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTION.

EDIT: Link Removed - Please review the Terms & Conditions ragarding posting links to other websites.

My Device: Blackberry 9550, 8130, 8330
My Carrier: T-MObile

[ Edited ]

I FIXED IT!! haha but i charge $5 for the fix. i use paypal to charge the 5 bucks,

Edited to remove personal information

Highlighted
My Device: Pearl 9000 3G
My Carrier: Wind

Are you joking me? 

This is suppose to be a BUSINESS Phone, not a toy to upload / upgrade and so on.. 

I bought my first and most proably my last BB from Wind, got it unlocked, went in Europe, then throw an Orange SIM card and when I try to phone to somebody I get this error. The funny thing is I can receive phonecalls, I cand send SMS but I CANNOT MAKE a CALL. I did manual select 2G only but with no result.

Phone is supposte to have warranty, I never bother to upgrade software and so on.. came with software 5.0.0.748, bundle 1262.

Now If I upgrade software in Europe then will this phone work back in Canada?