Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8310/9000/9300/9320
My Carrier: Mostly O2

No Country For Old Curves (need help with 9320)

I work at a company that rents out cell phones and modems to international travelers. Among the rentals we offer are BlackBerry 9320s. I currently have a problem with some of the 9320s, in that in the initial setup, where you have to choose your country, the United States is not on the list. Is there something I have to change on the 9320 or download to the Desktop Manager to rectify this?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: No Country For Old Curves (need help with 9320)

Hey Cellhire-USA,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

When doing the setup the United States and Canada should be at the very top of the list, rather than scrolling down alphabetically can you verify if it is listed at the top?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: 8310/9000/9300/9320
My Carrier: Mostly O2

[ Edited ]

I mostly work with O2 SIMs, so I usually get the full list of countries alphabetically, I have to scroll down to the bottom to get to the U.S. But sometimes, it'll be a short list with the United States not even in it at all. That's what I'd like to figure out; how to restore the initial setup so that all the countries (or at least the U.S.) show up.

And I hope I clarified that I'm talking about the routine that I go through whenever I do the security wipe on the BB, after the rebooting, the snazzy little space animation and selecting a language.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Hi Cellhire-USA,

What service provider are the BlackBerry 9320 smartphones branded to? And as a test if you setup these devices using a US sim card do you have the same issue? 

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!