Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Maxis

Re: No Data Plan - Connected to Wi-Fi but No Internet Access?

Hi, I have tried restarting my wireless router. In fact, all other devices (laptop, ipad, even Q10, HTC phone) are able to access internet via the wireless router. 

I am searching up and down on various setting at both router and the Bold (including the Engineering Screen), thus far have not found a solution.

The observation so far I have is, the Bold:

1. can access internet

a. using starbucks wifi (suspect those true wifi-hotspot with login page on browser)

b. can access internet using Q10 personal wifi hotspot

2. get connected but no internet access on

a. my home broadband wifi

b. outlet with normal broadband wifi (those without login page on browswer)

c. ipad's personal wifi hotspot

For above 2 - my Bold will get an assigned IP via DHCP, but ping timeout on router gateway

Bold 9700. v5.0.0.344 (Platform 5.1.0.96). WLAN Version 2.7.0.54

Regards,

Kevin

New Contributor
My Carrier: Maxis

[ Edited ]

Btw, whenever trying to connect to wifi, I have always set the Mobile Network Options -> Data Services to On.

Browser setup to use Hotspot Browser.

For all those wifi connected but no internet, I have also tried delete the wifi profie and rescan network and reconnect to the wifi again. Does not help.

Also, earlier when the 9700 still attached with BIS data plan, the same issue is already  there - couldnt access internet via my home router (although I did not extensively troubleshoot for solution since I could access via data :| )

Contributor
My Carrier: NA

I have BB 9700 with OS 6. My piece is unlocked and I puposely bought it to use WIFI without plan. Tried your stated solution plus wasting three days trying couple of sozen other tricks to no avail. My BB is set correctly, OS makes lots of thingeasier except for gettingBrowser to work.

Unles I get it work in next couple of day, I may throw it in dumpster and forget about "Blackberry" entirly.  

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

dn32844 wrote:

My BB is set correctly,

It is set correctly for what?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

You saw only first part of my posting. I have recently purchased an unlocked, no plan BB9700 with OS 6. Have set all required steps to use WIFI, yet,anytime I attempt to get on line browser say "unable toconnect to internet, pls tey again". As some of you may know OS 6, has made it very simple by incorporating all steps allowing user simply connet to HOTSPOT, home WIFI etc. But despite all this, I still can't browse internet.

Any idea? Remeber, I've used all I find in these pages. Thanx  

I did read the first part of your posting.

And still, when you say you've tried "everything", it's my experience often (not all) that after I've made a few suggestions and troubleshooting, they respond with "oh, never tried that". That's why I ask.

But since you have absolutely tried everthing in this thread, ok.

Question, who is your mobile provider, the SIM card in your device... none (since you haven't said)?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Don't misunderstand me please. I tried everything that I could come up and as recommanded by others on the web. I agreed with you, "everything" in my posting, only defines my own scale of knowdege and capabilities. Since I have not, so far, been able to resolve the problem, proves I have only tried what I could come up with.

PS: I welcomeany suggestion . 

OK, good.

Can you answer my previous question...."Question, who is your mobile provider, the SIM card in your device... ?"

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

No.My data service is on . 

Contributor

AT&T forphone, which is pay as you go (seperat from Internet connection with a different phone number). As I have mentioned, my BB is unlocked and I am not buying a plan.