Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

No Email ......

I can't load an email to a BB9900.  It was there before it went in for hardware repair and now all I get is the invalid username or password message.  I have spent hours with Rogers and Hostpapa trying to sort it out.  It wouldn't work on the web to set it up either.  I switched back to my older Curve and it wount work there either now.  

Hostpapa said they are getting tons of calls from BB users who can't add an email but there is no fix from the host or the network.  

The android and iphone users are having no problems at all in our office.  If this carrys on into next week I won't have a choice but to switch away from my brand new Bold!!!  

Best guess is there is a problem with the OS that BB needs to address pronto.

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: No Email ......

If Hostpapa (I am assuming that is your email server host) says they are getting loads of phone calls, I would first assume the issue lies with something they have changed in the email setup.

As far as I know, it's not  an issue with the BlackBerry network.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

HOSTPAPA! It seems to be our common denominator, besides having some viariant of a Bold and the fact we have Canadian carriers. Are you in Vancouver as well?

I was led astray by thinking that it was not only Hostpapa accounts that are blocked, because the email account I setup at inbox.com just to test didn't work as well.  I think inbox.com has their own servers, but it may be have been  a separate issue with their servers being quirky...because I did actually get an email from Blackberry to my inbox.com account  notifying me that the account wasn't set up properly. No such emails were received at any of my hostpapa accounts...it's gotta be a combo of Hostpapa and ...Canadian Carrier??

I'd like to hear if you can resolve your problem is well.  You said in your reply to my post that it seems to be a common problem - what is the word on the street?

Sincerely,

Andrew

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700

Hostpapa's online support is currently "away"...I wonder...?